IGNORED

lonesome_pa's attempt at a contest

lonesome_pa

Ok, I'd thought I would try a little contest of my own seeing how amazingly fun the others have been. Below you will see snippits of various screenshots. Your task, if you choose to accept it, is simple enough; figure out the games from the snippits, and then figure out the name of the game I'm giving away. So there is no blind guessing, you also have to explain how you figured out the name of the game. One guess per person until I give an update. To help you from running in circles, hints may pop up time to time. Good luck.

Top:

The first maybe Sky Patrol?

The second Fishing Derby (first I have think maybe Shark Attack).

The third is 100% Master Builder.

The fourth maybe Kool-Aid Man.

Five ???

Sixth is maybe Skiing.

The bottom are all harder I think.

Second maybe Kangaroo

Fourth is 100% Mangia'

??? :?

Congrats to Atarius Maximus for correctly identifying all 12 games. But, that is only half the battle.

Ok, I'll take a stab at it.  Are you giving away "Adventure"?

Sorry, but the game is not Adventure. So I guess it's time for a clue or two.

Look at the cartridge scan below and the name of this game will give you an idea of what to do with the names of the 12 games.

And, if you still need another clue try this one:

"After reciting your ABC's and the letters make no sense,

Don't ever think that you are so dense.

Instead, in a new direction you should traverse,

Don't only go straight, but also, go in reverse."

Everyone is free to guess again. I think the answer should be guessed pretty shortly.

post-1246-1037668095_thumb.jpg

If you take the alphabet forwards...and then list the alphabet backwards underneath...take the first letter of each game, and match it to the letter in the reversed alphabet...it makes Tunnel Runner...

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Z Y X W V U T S R Q P O N M L K J I H G F E D C B A

The code was GFMMVO

IFMMVI

which equals TUNNEL

RUNNER

which equals TUNNEL RUNNER

Well, you are correct. Let me ask, that last clue made it too easy huh? I wanted to make a pretty hard game, but I think I gave too much away in my clue. Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles. PM me your addy and I'll ship it out to you.

Wow, damn, excellently done, but why are you giving away such a great game as Tunnel Runner?

Thanks Lonesome, and Snider-man...

I kind of feel like a vulture swooping in for the goods after the semi-truck did the dirty work...

Like I said in my explanation...I had just gotten home from work, and I was going through this post (contests always grab my attention first)

I was going through the screen shots (had about 4)...when I scrolled down a little more and noticed that somebody (thanks A. Maximus) had already given all the screenshots their proper names. The dirty work had been done.

So I do the very first thing I always do when I see this kind of contest, I write down the first letter of each game name...I noticed an interesting pattern, the 4 games with the M's in the middle of the rows (I wrote each row separately...)...got me to thinking about a letter substitution of some kind... now this is all before his last clue...

I decided to do the whole backwards alphabet thing,it's always the first thing I do, right after checking for jumbled letters...and of course, this time, it worked.

Then I read the rest of the thread (to make sure nobody else had won), saw his last clue, and I was 100% sure...

Again, thanks for the contest...I'm so happy I won!!! I'm only a title or two away from a complete CBS collection (I've started trying to complete company collections now...)

Luck seems to be going my way recently (all of you who frequent the DP Boards know why...), wonder what's going to go wrong to change it all...