IGNORED

Confirmed: RROD on 360 slim

Rev

i tend to think the rrod phenomena is both partly over exaggerated and partly due to user error, especially within the past couple years.

i've owned a few 360s and only 1 got an rrod. it was a launch console and frankly i treated it like shit (smoking in front of it, dusty, etc). the launch consoles were blatant garbage as everybody knows. but others i've had, as well as my most recent, ran perfectly. my newest one actually runs cooler than my ps3 slim.

i've worked at gamestop. to put it bluntly, most people treat their things like absolute shit. if they're indicative of the public at large i'm not surprised so many died. i'm talking putting it on the floor, dusty as all get out, sharpie all over it, cigarette burns on it, reeking of cigar smoke, animal fur, etc. i've seen it all.

as for why i've had so many 360s, video game o.c.d. if i'm bored with something i get rid of it immediately then end up rebuying it. it drives my gf nuts but thankfully i seem to have cured myself of it.

Please... I have photos of a load of these we got in from a major electronics co. 6 Pallets 4x6 ft and 5ft high, representing 6 months of dead xbox 360. it was so much worse than stated.

I agree lets face it the first 360's made are going to break eventually. All of them.

The issue was a design flaw, even taking perfect care of the unit like a lot of folks here on AA did only prolonged the inevitable.

6 pallets? Why even bother taking a picture of that measly lot?

Anyone can just do a search on eBay for Xbox 360 RRoD every week if they need proof there was a design flaw (Not that I can understand why anyone would need to, MS stated there was a flaw when they increased the warranty) Expect to see millions of broke 360's guys.

• 4 weeks later...

It was a design flaw...a mistake. I hear everyone and their brother bashing Microsoft over the RRoD issue and basically saying that Microsoft has shoddy hardware, yet I don't remember the original XBOX having a high failure rate, the Zunes are solid, Microsoft PC peripherals are good...I like Microsoft hardware (their software, not as much). Taking into account that the original RRoD was a design FLAW (and one that Microsoft has admitted and paid the price for, something I don't think some of their competition would have done so openly), what do you think the chances are that Microsoft is going to make the same mistake TWICE, especially with completely redesigned hardware? If the new 360 (not going to call it the slim, I hate that) has a widespread design issue, it's going to be something else.

I agree lets face it the first 360's made are going to break eventually. All of them.

The issue was a design flaw, even taking perfect care of the unit like a lot of folks here on AA did only prolonged the inevitable.

6 pallets? Why even bother taking a picture of that measly lot?

Anyone can just do a search on eBay for Xbox 360 RRoD every week if they need proof there was a design flaw (Not that I can understand why anyone would need to, MS stated there was a flaw when they increased the warranty) Expect to see millions of broke 360's guys.

Please.they will never make money and should have all been recalled.

these new ones have 250 gigs, simply install your games to the hard drive to reduce wear&tear. depending on file size you could fit 40 or more games, no need to ever use the disc drive.

i got an arcade last month when they dropped the price and slapped a hard drive on it. i install games and it seriously runs at near room temperature, much much cooler than my ps3 slim which heats up my whole shelving unit.

Please. They will never make money and should have all been recalled.

Not sure why you quoted my post in this response since it has little to do with what I wrote, but..."ok" :thumbsup:

If you can post 6 pallets of broke Slims then that might be worth going on about.

Well, my third 360 hasn't toasted but it's only been a week. Not buying Microsoft again. I may consider it if modding it becomes easier. I loved XBMC.

See, I can understand the first batch going toasty. First runs always have unexpected failures in the real world. But my second toasted box was way past first generation board design. No excuse there except cost cutting design decisions.

The verdict is still out on the slim, but I don't think MS learned their lessons. I'll be happy to eat my words if the slim design succeeds.

Hey, I've only had one Xbox die on me, and several of my friends still have their original systems. I know of one other in the local area that have ACTUALLY had a system die on them. Most the people around here that talk shit about how unreliable the system is "heard from a friend that heard from a friend, etc"

To it's credit, I've not heard of anyone around here having a PS3 die on them....however,the flip side of that is that I don't actually know anyone that has a PS3 around here :lol:

I figure the new Xbox should be better, because it should be. But only time will tell. Maybe it'll have worse problems, when it hits 91 days it explodes decapitating your cat or something :P That, or every single one of them will RROD the day the Xbox 720 is released.

I have seen a few slim 360's have issues, a few have had DVD drives that wont read or act like they are having a hard time reading after you get back into the dashboard, and then the others are with the power brick (as shown in the video).

The power issue can be resolved by getting a replacement power brick.

But the DVD drive reading issue could be witht he drive or the 360's software or drives firmware or could be just a bad batch of DVD drives (which can happen to any device).

So far none of my friends with the 360 S have had any issues. they have had issues with the older design 360.

A few of my friends have PS3s and only two PS3s out of those friends have them have developed the YLoD, a few others have had drive issues (the BR drive don't accept nor eject the disks any more), and one has had Power supply issues.

but so far none of my friends that have a Wii have had any issues out of them (and they are in constant use from their children).