IGNORED

Transformers Battle for Cybertron is actually really good!

swlovinist

I buy about two to three new next gen games a year, and usually stick with the classic stuff. Over the last couple of days, I really have been enjoying the new Transformers game. Here are the main reasons why:

1. Story is better than the current movies

2. Smooth gameplay/ability to transform is not a gimmick

3. Online Co-Op campaign

4. Unlockables

5. Campaign levels are LONG

6. Multiplayer is a BLAST

I have been playing Mulitiplayer with Lord Thag and it has been alot of fun.

Edited by swlovinist

I didn't preorder because I was afraid the game would suck. Noww I don't have a chance of getting Shockwave :(. I hope they make him a dloadable character later on.

Also, what's with the non-existant love for Soundwave. He was my favorite Autobot and I've not seem him in ages. :(

Now I have exactly one reason to own a PS3. Four more and I may have to take the plunge! :lol:

How many more reasons do ya really need?

There's so many good games for the thing as it stands, and the ones coming out this year just make it that much more a necessity :)

Now I have exactly one reason to own a PS3. Four more and I may have to take the plunge! :lol:

How many more reasons do ya really need?

There's so many good games for the thing as it stands, and the ones coming out this year just make it that much more a necessity :)

I need five must-have games to justify a console purchase. The only one I consciously broke my rule on was the PSP and I'm regretting it (I have one great game and one PS2 port for it). And I'm super picky when it comes to modern games. :)

I am interested in this one but from the gameplay videos it looks like it might be confusing. I mean, there's a heck of a lot of the color grey running around in there, how easy is it to tell the good guys from the bad guys?

And to DaytonaUSA I agree with you about the lack of Soundwave love. My guess is he is considered a throwback as far as technology goes so unless they turn him into an iPod they've just decided to forget he ever existed. The closest reference to Soundwave was that little annoying boombox in the first movie. Not Soundwabve by any means, but about as close as any modern reference will ever get to him.

• 2 weeks later...

I am interested in this one but from the gameplay videos it looks like it might be confusing. I mean, there's a heck of a lot of the color grey running around in there, how easy is it to tell the good guys from the bad guys?

And to DaytonaUSA I agree with you about the lack of Soundwave love. My guess is he is considered a throwback as far as technology goes so unless they turn him into an iPod they've just decided to forget he ever existed. The closest reference to Soundwave was that little annoying boombox in the first movie. Not Soundwabve by any means, but about as close as any modern reference will ever get to him.

Yea man, it sucks they let him go. He was my favorite Transformer, ... which apparently was a bad one to pick because I haven't seen him since I was a kid. Shame they couldn't have put him in this game.

Still wanting to pick this up though. Did they make the "exclusive" characters DLC yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Yea man, it sucks they let him go. He was my favorite Transformer, ... which apparently was a bad one to pick because I haven't seen him since I was a kid. Shame they couldn't have put him in this game.

Still wanting to pick this up though. Did they make the "exclusive" characters DLC yet?

A few things guys:

1. Soundwave is a decepticon not an autobot. No offense, but that's like thinking Sonic the Hedgehog came out for SNES! :P

2. Soundwave IS in the game, hell he's even getting a new toy based on his game design!

3. He is also in the 2nd movie as a satellite type space ship thingy but I understand anyone not wanting to watch that film. ;) Also, pics from the set of the 3rd movie confirm he will return in that film hopefully in a larger role.

He's been appearing a lot in last few years; A version of SW was in the "Cybertron" series, A diecast version in the "Titanium" series, His g1 toy has been reissued several times in both Japan and America and even had a toy that transforms into a working mp3 player released in japan! Not to mention pvcs, robot heroes, mighty muggs, t-shirts, etc...

Yeah Soundwave gets plenty of love, you guys just haven't been paying attention! :P

Edited by Blues_Bloody
  • Like 1

I didn't preorder because I was afraid the game would suck. Noww I don't have a chance of getting Shockwave :(. I hope they make him a dloadable character later on.

Also, what's with the non-existant love for Soundwave. He was my favorite Autobot and I've not seem him in ages. :(

I think yer talkin' about Blaster the Autobot right? Soundwave was the Decepticon Walkman. RAMPAGE EJECT!! :)

Anyway, I thank the OP. Good movie games are true rarities and I would have missed this one without his post.