Who "won" E3 2010?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who "won" E3 2010?

• Microsoft
    • Nintendo
    • Sony
    • No one company

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Now that some time has passed, which of the "big three" do you think "won" E3 this year?

"Winning" is, of course, subjective. But I'd like to hear what people think and why.

This isn't meant to be an opportunity for console warring and nonsense. I'd just like to see what people thought in a clear and civil manner.

Don't spoil this little comeback for the Poll of the Week by being an ass.

I think none of them personally. Each system had a couple good releases set up that seem to be pretty cool but nothing that really 'WOW' reaction-induced. Move and Kinect look pretty nice and the Wii releases are solid titles, but nothing was jaw-dropping. Overall a pretty good performance from all three big companies in my book.

Kinect isn't catch-up. It brings new tech to the table. So that passed the others as far as motion control. Now it is a matter of follow-through. Can they attach good titles to Kinect.

Kinect was enough to give the win for MS. Nintendo a tight 2nd with the 3DS and a good group of new titles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After reading a game magazine about the event, I have to agree with who they thought won the E3 showings. Nintendo seems to have surprised everyone with the 3DS handheld. While it does sound interesting it's one of those devices that I would have to say I would have to see the system in action with my own eyes. Nintendo does seem to realize that they need to get back to their roots when they showed a new Donkey Kong Country for the Wii and a new Kid Icarus title for the DS. Maybe it won't be long before they start making other titles that made them popular.

I do feel that Sony stepped it up a notch from the last E3 showing. This is mainly due to the many awaited titles for the PS3 like Gran Turismo 5 and Sony's Move. Also noted was an appearance by Sony's spokesperson Kevin Butler who stated, "There is only one GOD and his name is Gaming. Forever may he reign!" I hope that this quote doesn't come back to bite him in the butt.

Microsoft appeared to be a little more on the weird side. I mean, the "new" 360 looks good, but it's the same hardware with features that should of been put in the thing in the first place. And while the Kinect motion accessory seems like a well thought out device, the games for it are not much different from the included software with the Wii. And at $150 with no games gamers would be better off either purchasing a Wii or spending $99 for Sony's Move Starter Set that comes with a game. I was actually more aware of Sony's Move than I was with Microsoft's Kinect as Sony has spent more time advertising the add-on than Microsoft has.

I am more of a PS3 fan simply because of the whole motion thing being an add-on instead of being the main control scheme. I really wish that Nintendo would of done the same. But I do applaud Nintendo for their efforts in trying to make gaming a more physical product. But I get enough exercise in a day and I play games to relax. So...I give this poll to Nintendo mainly for the new 3DS and some old-school titles getting a modern revamp. I give Sony a second place finish due to lack of showing more about the Move add-on. Microsoft comes in last for showing Kinect games that seem to be 360 clones of Wii titles.

• 3 weeks later...