IGNORED

Season 6 Week 2 - Life Force

CGQuarterly

Not bad, given that I wasn't using the Konami Code. (This was the first game where I learned of it. I was reading a magazine and I noticed in the side about the code that would give you 30 lives. With this, I was able to beat the game. I remember the night a friend of mine and I beat it together.)

Oh, and NO using the Konami Code, folks!

No using codes in any games. That should go without saying.

NightSprinter, I personally have no problem with people using controllers that have turbo buttons. If anyone else wants to chime in on that subject, please feel free to do so.

Chris

The gauntlet has certainly been thrown down.

I don't have this game, but there is a store here in town that is selling it for $10. That's overpriced, but maybe worth it if it means that I can play along with the HSC this week...

Chris

I hate whoever made this game, about the 5 times I've tried it, I got around 3,000... I'll see if I can get a better one.

I'm giving up at 5,000, Too much trail and error for two days to get a somewhat decent score, so I'll let the older people that have been playing this game for thier whole lives to compete.

After I gave up, I tried getting further into the game with the rewind function on nestopia, and found the brain boss rather disturbing. Usually I would see the brain as a final boss (metriod). At first I was avoiding its arms and then I look over and it has this large eyeball sticking out of the front of it and I thought, WTH is that?!

Edited by Tr3vor

I hate whoever made this game, about the 5 times I've tried it, I got around 3,000... I'll see if I can get a better one.

I'm giving up at 5,000, Too much trail and error for two days to get a somewhat decent score, so I'll let the older people that have been playing this game for thier whole lives to compete.

After I gave up, I tried getting further into the game with the rewind function on nestopia, and found the brain boss rather disturbing. Usually I would see the brain as a final boss (metriod). At first I was avoiding its arms and then I look over and it has this large eyeball sticking out of the front of it and I thought, WTH is that?!

You have to shoot the boss in the eyeball a few times to kill it. :)

You have to shoot the boss in the eyeball a few times to kill it. icon_smile.gif

I know, but its just plain disturbing and creepy at the same time...

Yeah, that is one weird looking boss. :o

Maybe this will help cheer a few of us up and forget about seeing that boss.

Here's a GIF of Charlotte Takes A Tumble

post-22103-127906747446_thumb.gif

And a link to the Youtube video clip. :)

thank you guys! I enjoy these competitions as it gives me something to play and focus on… dust off some classics and play them in a different light going for high score! I've enjoyed Life Force for a long time, but never really got good at it… in an hours time, I've seen improvement and even discovered some hidden extends! I can't wait to get home to play more before the deadline… I only regret that I didn't get started sooner…

Sorry, guys. I was out of town on business. Just got back, and will try to remember to post the thread for the next game tomorrow. In the mean time, the list was already posted, so you can see what the next game is going to be (Bubble Bobble) and can go ahead and start playing.

Chris

Here are the second round's results:

• 1. mihcael - 685010 - 9 pts.
    2. Sonic R - 110920 - 6 pts.
    3. ClassicGMR - 22410 - 3 pts.
    4. roadrunner - 17240 - 1 pt.
    5. LarcenTyler - 10310 - 1 pt.
    6. Tr3vor - 5000 - 1 pt.

and here are the current standings:

• 1. RJ - 9 pts.
    1. mihcael - 9 pts.
    3. roadrunner - 7 pts.