IGNORED

Well, my 360 finely died.

Video

Your game saves are on your hard drive which Microsoft will tell you to not send in with the system. At least that it what I was told with the 3 or 4 I have sent in over the years. They will tell you that xbox live stuff will need to be re-downloaded (you don't have to buy it again though) but I have been hit or miss with downloading some of my old games. Others have had no problems though so maybe it's me. There really is no reason not to send it in if it's stll under warranty.

Okay, so I don't have to send in the hard drive? That's better than. I would have assumed they would require it for warranty work. Guess I'll get around to sendin' er in.

Looking up prices on the newer Xbox + Kinect bundles. 400 bucks for 250 gig + Kinect? Ouch. That's not including the 2 year protection plan I'm obviously gonna get with it(heh). I've got cash. That kinect would be fun to play with, if not for games.

So I plunked down almost half a grand to get the 250 gig console. The Kinect + 250 giggers were gone at Best Buy(place was still busy at 7pm). I did not want a 4gb + Kinect. That seemed to be the wrong course of action. The "Xbox 360 Wench" they had demoing the Kinect unit said they won't be getting the 250 Kinect bundles until January. I'll get a kinect when it's on clearance next to the EyeToy for $20.

Anyways, fired up the 250 gig console, did the transferring and I'm back playing Fallout again.

Tried to request a repair for my 20 gig console, and the site is horrifically broken. Is it just busy around black friday for defective 360s or something? I wanna send this dang thing in.

Tried to request a repair for my 20 gig console, and the site is horrifically broken. Is it just busy around black friday for defective 360s or something? I wanna send this dang thing in.

What is broken?

I just tried to hit Xbox.com, yeah seems like they are having issues.

Getting hammered or something because the site timing out to that, but I can hit the support site fine:

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx

I went to the site and was able to get where I could check warranty status and request a repair on my registered consoles no problem.

Remember you can also just call them directly, have the unit next to you because they will need the serial numbers.

Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269

What is broken?

I just tried to hit Xbox.com, yeah seems like they are having issues.

Getting hammered or something because the site timing out to that, but I can hit the support site fine:

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/Pages/default.aspx

I went to the site and was able to get where I could check warranty status and request a repair on my registered consoles no problem.

Remember you can also just call them directly, have the unit next to you because they will need the serial numbers.

Toll free: (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269

I got the console registered, but the FAQ links won't work, and it basically broke down around step 3 for me trying to request a RMA #. I'll try it later.

Conveniently, a shipment I just got today is a big enough box to put the xbox box in. Yo dawg, I heard you like boxes.