IGNORED

Medal of Honor Beta

Mendon

Is anyone playing this and if so, what are your opinion's?

As I've stated before, I rarely play FPS's online because I suck at them and really hate being EXP fodder for the opposing team. So I have very little experience with any Call of Duty's or Halo's etc. and can't speak with any expertise on playing these games.

With that being said, my son brought his PS3 over to the house last night to show me the Medal of Honor beta. A few things I noticed:

.... the sound is INCREDIBLE in this game. You can easily tell one gun from another, one explosion from another (grenade, mortar, etc), and so on. Each weapon sounds different. Crank up the surround sound and WHOA!

.... no Killcam. You die and sort of "slo-mo" to the ground, your killers name appears and thats it. BUT, its still a beta.

.... saw two maps within the hour or so we played. Both were pretty small and it was very easy to get stuck on rocks, rubble, etc. BUT, its still a beta.

.... saw three modes: Team Deathmatch, Free for All, and Mission based (take out a mortar post, defend a roadblock, etc).

.... takes a lot of kills to unlock weapons, scopes, clips, etc. Example: from start to Lvl 1 takes 250 kills to just unlock the Extra Clip, then its 550 kills to Lvl 2 and some kind of scope.

.... respawn times were quite quick. I don't think it was ever more than a couple seconds from death to back on the battle field.

.... graphic's were VERY good and the game looked excellent.

Based on what I saw, the game looked good. My son said it was better than MW and when I asked why, he only said "Because it is". Sigh..... Children.... even when they are 30 years old!

Speaking with the forementioned little FPS experience, I really couldn't tell if my son was playing this beta or playing Modern Warfare or MW2 or Battlefield. And I don't know if thats a bad thing or a good thing.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

i got the beta, i think it stinks. it feels like a low budget modern warfare clone and the graphics hurt my eyes, not because they're bad but because the lack of anti-aliasing gives everything a jagged, shimmering look.

more power to anybody who enjoys it but i thought it was terrible.