IGNORED

H2

batari

We're on the third board revision. I've upgraded to a 25% faster MCU with twice the storage, improved the backup boot system, and now have dual-footprint for the regular SD card slot or an optional microSD slot (microSD is also for future-proofing in case the supply of SD slots goes dry.)

Still working on firmware. When we have a demo or screenshots, we'll post them.

Batari, you had mentioned a concern about cost at the start of this project. Do you have a feel at this stage whether this project will be viable economically?

We're on the third board revision. I've upgraded to a 25% faster MCU with twice the storage, improved the backup boot system, and now have dual-footprint for the regular SD card slot or an optional microSD slot (microSD is also for future-proofing in case the supply of SD slots goes dry.)

Still working on firmware. When we have a demo or screenshots, we'll post them.

Batari, you had mentioned a concern about cost at the start of this project. Do you have a feel at this stage whether this project will be viable economically?

I don't think that costs will be a particular issue. However, I am going to approach the production differently. With the original Harmony, I had a large number of them partially assembled, which required a big capital investment, which I can no longer afford to make. With H2, I will produce them in small runs. The capital investment will be smaller and payback quicker, and interim profits will be reinvested into future runs as demand allows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really glad your working on this. I love my Harmony and can't wait to get an H2.

I just want to say how much we all love the Harmony cart in our house and we can't wait for the H2. I got my cart loaded up and a nice menu sheet printed out so I can find games easily and quickly. I was very happy when my 7 year old son asked to have an old 13inche TV be put into his room so he could play Atari. My heart filled with pride. We dont let him have a TV in his room because we have a family room and rec-room for that stuff, but I was so happy that he wanted to play Atari, I hooked him up with the TV and an Atari Jr. He had his friend over yesterday and they spent an hour playing Atari. Nothing like seeing a new Atari lover being born. I am just glad I was smart enough to buy two Harmony carts because there is no way I am ever giving up mine!

• 2 weeks later...