IGNORED

Walkthrough for Dragon's Lair?

NightSprinter

As the topic states, anyone know if there's a walkthrough to the Adam version of the game? I'm really wanting to enjoy this game, but I have too many issues with the fire rope and armory levels. Could someone help me out on this, since most likely this knowledge can also transfer to the other home computer ports?

Edited by NightSprinter

This is basically the skill 1 solution that was available from Adam's House. I've changed it a little to make it better. Each skill level adds another pattern for screens II, IV, and VI that are will appear randomly.

Dragon’s Lair Skill Level 1 Solution

I DISK – Stay toward the back side. First two ramps are on the same side.

II HALL - back / sword / back / sword / sword / forward / right / left / sword / back / sword / right

III BURNING ROPES – Press jump a little early when you hear the “whoosh” sound

IV WEAPONS ROOM – sword / sword / left / sword / right / right / sword / back / left / sword / sword / left

V MAZE – Use sword and jump, keep moving!

VI TENTACLE ROOM – sword / left / back / sword / sword / right / sword / right / back

VII DISK – Stay toward the back side. First two ramps are on the same side.

VIII CHECKERBOARD ROOM – Kill the knight while green, with sword. Avoid red squares. Hit the knight while black and he will stay green (and vulnerable) longer next time.

IX DRAGON - Get dragon to set wall of thorns on fire. Get magical sword and jump off ramp

Edited by ed1475

Hmm, it's the ropes and weapons room that gave me so much hell. I managed to get to the top level on the ropes, but died when I pressed just as I heard the "whoosh". In the weapons room, no matter how much I push up on the controls I can't escape the second head.

Also, can a mod please move this thread up one directory so it's not in the Opcode Games subforum?

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, it's the ropes and weapons room that gave me so much hell. I managed to get to the top level on the ropes, but died when I pressed just as I heard the "whoosh". In the weapons room, no matter how much I push up on the controls I can't escape the second head.

Also, can a mod please move this thread up one directory so it's not in the Opcode Games subforum?

You should watch the ADAM version walkthrough video posted on Youtube. It shows the whole thing. One thing I noticed not mentioned in the walkthrough instructions above or shown in the Youtube video, when I used to play it, I would always make sure hide behind ALL the boulders on the final dragon screen. You want the dragon to shoot fireballs at you there. If you position yourself properly behind those boulders, the fireballs blast them away and randomly there are jewels hidden underneath you can grab. Don't just run through the level and kill the dragon like shown in the video.