IGNORED

New USB Serial to ComLynx Adapter

Wookie

but ordering from Songbird may get the game to you quicker.

if you read ordering informations on duranik you can read that songbird is the distributor for USA

Dealers selling Alpine Games. (sorted by Name)

Name Location

16/32 Systems England

Atari Age USA

Lars Baumstark Germany + world wide

Songbird Productions USA

Spielraum - Videospiele Germany

Telegames UK England

Video Game Source Germany

• 7 years later...

Reviving an old topic, I'm aware of that.

Has anyone here succeeded in assembling hardware to let an Atari Lynx communicate to a PC using a Comlynx-to-RS232-to-USB? Given the fact that the consoles and games are still going from one person to another and playing with someone else as close as 1 meter is next to impossible most of the time; I think it would make sense to build something so we can all enjoy the glories of Comlynx enabled games again.

exactly. follow the schematics on BLL site or of maxim directly. buy cheap rs232-usb. together about 1000yen.

(maybe you can even get rid of the rs232 voltage converter as you can even buy USB serial with different voltage levels.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/USBTTLSerial.htm

but I have the feeling that the purpose of the question was about comlynx between games. answer: no.

reason: there the main problem is that from PC side unusual RS232 frequencies are not supported, even if the adapter might support it.

nothing what is unsolaveable, but at least you need to fiddle a bit with microcontrollers.

Edited by sage

This networking of old games is something that I have been thinking about also.

Most games that support ComLynx use the same Redeye library for detecting the Lynxes and passing the data.

If could be better to implement the Redeye protocol in the emulator in a way to allow you to transfer longer packets over internet instead of sending one byte at a time.

It may be that you need slightly tuned versions for different games to get maximum speed over the net.

The sources are in https://bitbucket.org/atarilynx/lynx/in contrib/redeye