IGNORED

Odyssey2 framed art work!

pboland

I just want to show what I was able to do with some Odyssey2 artwork. These large framed pieces are similar to the ColecoVision ones I did in this topic:

ColecoVision Mr. DO! Poster & Maybe More...

I know that this is not a very popular system but, it is a favorite of mine. Again, the images in the frames are not 100% like the box art. I made a few minor changes to the way I wanted to be shown. These are currently hanging on my basement wall along side some of the coleco ones I made. In the picture I show the actual game boxes next to the framed prints for size reference.

post-9874-127947423884_thumb.jpg

Very pretty. Quest for The Rings wold be amazing!

Okay. It took some work but I got it done. Let me give a little background to why the image is not 100% the same as the box. I want to make the Quest for The Rings as a poster size (30 inch x 20 inch). I've done this before with a coleco ad which you can see here:

Very Large ColecoVision Poster! 30inch x 20inch poster!

In order to do a Quest for the Rings that large I had to scan it in at very high res. The standard size ratio of the box doesn't work well for the 30"x20" ratio. So, I had to crop the top and add a new title into the image. My box for this game is kind of beat up so, I spent a lot of time "repairing" the image. Here is the scaled down web version (I'm hoping to order the poster soon :D ):

post-9874-12796823068_thumb.jpg

One more thing: I can't do gold text but I think the title is close enough. Looks more like stone to me than gold but, I think it still works. Let me know what you guys think.

[quote name='pboland' date='Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:22 PM' timestamp='1279682550'

One more thing: I can't do gold text but I think the title is close enough. Looks more like stone to me than gold but, I think it still works. Let me know what you guys think.

It´s look amazing, this cover was one of reasons I decided by an Ody.

I think the OD2 has some really cool art. I'm thinking about doing a "Conquest of the World" poster as well.

On a side note: With all the classic video game art I have been doing, I decide I going to put up a website for it all. I just purchased the URL but I haven't had the time to put anything up on it. Once I get something up, I will announce the URL.

Edited by pboland

I think the OD2 has some really cool art. I'm thinking about doing a "Conquest of the World" poster as well.

On a side note: With all the classic video game art I have been doing, I decide I going to put up a website for it all. I just purchased the URL but I haven't had the time to put anything up on it. Once I get something up, I will announce the URL.

Looking forward to that.

Please let us know.