IGNORED

List of Xbox games that won't work on 360?

S1500

I was a bit disappointed to buy Flatout 2, only to find out it doesn't work on my 360.

Is there a quickie list of xbox 1 games that don't work on the 360? Something to bring to me when I'm shopping around. It would seem to be quicker to bring a no rather than a yes list.

Take a quick scan of this list and see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

Its better and more informative in my opinion than Microsoft's list.

Example:

Microsoft says Baldurs Gate works. To me it doesn't. Yes it loads fine but check the comments: "Lags when a large number of objects are on screen."

It makes the game pretty much unplayable.

I think they did the right thing and give up on BC years ago because the emulation is shoddy for a lot of games.

Interesting list. Flatout 2 isn't even listed, but when I try it, I get the blatant message that it's not playable.

I know my Tecmo compilation won't work(crashes outright) until I dock down my display to 480p, which is shown in the wikipedia article.

Perhaps I'll try kicking it down to 480 and trying Flatout again. I just want to be able to buy the occasional cheap Xbox game at Discland & enjoy it. Sadly, Mercenaries 1 locks up at unexpected times, right when I'm getting into it.

I just want to be able to buy the occasional cheap Xbox game at Discland & enjoy it. Sadly, Mercenaries 1 locks up at unexpected times, right when I'm getting into it.

If that's the case is just getting a cheapo used xbox 1 not an option? Last I checked they were going for ~$29.

Can even pick up some component cables for it.

I just want to be able to buy the occasional cheap Xbox game at Discland & enjoy it. Sadly, Mercenaries 1 locks up at unexpected times, right when I'm getting into it.

If that's the case is just getting a cheapo used xbox 1 not an option? Last I checked they were going for ~$29.

Can even pick up some component cables for it.

Considering I bought the Mercenaries game for 3 bucks, I can't justify buying something 10 times the value of the game just for 1 or 2 games. Oh well, live & learn.

I also bought We <3 Katamari thinking it was the 3rd game I didn't play, for PS2. Oops. My "trade fodder" collection is growing, ie games I can't play or have already played. Heck, if that guy who wanted Warplock wasn't in England, I'd ship my copy to him.

The best option is to just keep an Xbox if you got the room for one (and can find a good working console, yeah, there's tons out there for $30, but there's tons that the drive is going out on too)

Soething that would be interesting to know, do the new 360's play Xbox games? I haven't heard one way or another, as it's shoddy software emulation, I see no reason to not include it on the HDD, but then again, as i said, it's shoddy, so there's no real good reason to include it either.

• 3 weeks later...