IGNORED

Sadly.... my PS3 died last night

EricDeLee

wow...this thread took on a different life of its own.

Updates to original issues:

i got it fixed...-t then died again last month. the fix worked for almost a year...so i had the same guy fix it again so i can give it to the kiddos.

i bought a brand new PS3 slim. out of the box it was broke (hdmi connection). so that one is currently at Sony HQ for repairs. sigh

• 2 weeks later...

Sony is about to piss me off. when i bought my ps3 the store's register wasn't working correctly and they had to print off my reciept from a computer. so... thats what i turned into Sony for them to fix my machine. i got an email saying that the reciept is not valid and they werent going to fix it until i provided the original reciept. WTF?!

i sent them yet another email and I wasn't too happy... so i guess the drama continues ugh.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally get through to someone in Customer Service regarding my new PS3 that was sent in to be fixed.

I had originally sent an email on 12APR2011 that said that my Proof of Purchase was invalid due to "Purchase Date"

Whatever the hell that means.

I finally talk to a guy today that is mumbling over the phone, obviously wearing one of those headset things and pushing a mute button throughout the conversation so I can't hear him breathing into his mic. It was frustrating, as I really couldn't hear the guy and apologized to him, but explained I couldn;t understand him because he was cutting in and out. The bonebag on the other line said, "its obviously your phone, not mine". I look at the bars on my phone... full service. So I shrug it off and continue.

He basically said that my reciept doesn't show the purchase date. So I pointed it out to him (I had a copy of it with me) and said do you mean this one... along with the time I bought it... to include the store register number? All I got was a looooong pause and a "I need to put you on hold for a second".

When he came back on, it was a different tune and he said it was approved and hopefully it will be fixed and out the door in about a week.

So they sat on my repairs since 12APR for no good reason.

Well... it isn't like I can jump online and play against people on Call of Duty. lol

• 1 month later...

Looks like the 'reflow' was a success. I think I'll be playing a bit tonight! LOL

I am thinking of putting a small mini fan on the outside of the PS3(behind it) to help keep dust and crap away from the vents. I am pretty sure that was my problem.

You got lucker than me. My 80g 4 usb totally died on me as in boat anchor dead. So I traded some stuff at a place I know. Got a 120g slim with warranty plus they knocked off $30 off the price. Then traded the dead one for credit at Gamestop and got $75 for it, and used that to get Infamous 2 Hero Edition! So out of pocket was a grand total of $75 so I'm happy!:D

How did you get it fixed? Reflow or reball? I had the rsx replaced with a used one and reballed at the sametime for 100$. Been working for 3 months so far. Little tiny place here above an elks lodge does reflows and reballs with an ir station. So far so good.

How did you get it fixed? Reflow or reball? I had the rsx replaced with a used one and reballed at the sametime for 100$. Been working for 3 months so far. Little tiny place here above an elks lodge does reflows and reballs with an ir station. So far so good.

Some guy in Canton... he reflowed it from what I was told. LOL

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My 60GB BC PS3 of four years finally got the YLOD last night for the first time. It was my fault I think. It apparently wasn't in a well enough ventilated area, it was too dusty, and I left it on too long because I was excited to finally play Silent Hill 3 . What stinks though is that I can't get the disc out and I didn't back up my data because I never thought to. Hopefully next year I'll be able to send it off to get reball professionally and get my game and data back. Now after that should I sell it and get a slim and take better care of it or just keep it and take better care of it and hope it doesn't happen again? If the reball fixes the problem and will be less likely to break down again if I take better care of it, then I'd keep it.