IGNORED

Halo for the 2600 Released at CGE! Download the game here!

Albert

Thanks Omegamatrix. You helped me understand the early hmove so you contributed to the program too!

On the title screen, it's funny how things work out. The ring was just something random I tried and it worked almost immediately and much better than I expected. The stars on the other hand (which should have been easy) were a source of constant grief for weeks.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

Hi Ed. I heard of Halo 2600 and want to try this game out. Are you okay with anyone downloading the ROM from here for this game? I know emulation has been questioned whether or not it is legal, especialy when it comes to illegal roms of games distributed by illegal torrent sites that we don't legally own a copy of. I don't want to get into any legal trouble for illegally downloading the ROM if you are not okay with it.

Hi Ed. I heard of Halo 2600 and want to try this game out. Are you okay with anyone downloading the ROM from here for this game? I know emulation has been questioned whether or not it is legal, especialy when it comes to illegal roms of games distributed by illegal torrent sites that we don't legally own a copy of. I don't want to get into any legal trouble for illegally downloading the ROM if you are not okay with it.

It's been okay to download it for almost eight years. :)

He even released the source code for the game.

I have tried the game out Ed and beat it a few times already. I must say it is very impressive how you and your dev team have designed this game. I never had an actual Atari 2600 or other Atari consoles before, though I do have a Atari Flashback with 20 built in games. Unfortinatly it cannot play real cartriage games like the rest of the Atari Flashbacks. I need to save up money to get a Atari 2600 if I want to buy this game, but once I do this will be the first homebrew game I'll get. I want to buy a real copy because you deserve the support and my money. Good job Ed and to the rest of you dev team for an outstanding game.

• 1 year later...

We'll be featuring Halo 2600 LIVE on tomorrow's (Wednesday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Games:

- Halo 2600 (2010) by Ed Fries
- Space Game (2019 Homebrew Tournament Round #3) by Karl Garrison and Maggie Vogel aka Karl G and mvo

post-37205-0-09142600-1558462482_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

This is one game I have been meaning to buy. I just love the story of why it was made.

This is why I would love to see some of the big name companies out there throw a few bucks towards some programmers to release some Atari games for the heck of it. I know it won't happen but it would be neat. Gimmicky maybe but neat.

We'll be featuring Halo 2600 LIVE on tomorrow's (Wednesday) ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 11AM PT | 2PM ET | 6PM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Games:

- Halo 2600 (2010) by Ed Fries

- Space Game (2019 Homebrew Tournament Round #3) by Karl Garrison and Maggie Vogel aka Karl G and mvo

attachicon.gif20190522-Let's Play.jpg

Just watched todays livestream on Twitch (replay). Congrats on beating Halo James.

Oh and Aerlan is right...everything is better in space!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, Ed.  I know it is about three months and a half late to say this as July 31st, 2020 already passed by, but I do want to say this before the end of the year.  I want to say happy 10th anniversary to Halo 2600.  I've enjoyed this game when I have first discovered it two years ago and still play to this day.  This game is what got me into the Halo series, in which I've played Halo: Combat Evolved next.  Thank you for such a wonderful demake of Halo: Combat Evolved.  Here's to 10 more years of this game and counting and more great Atari home brews to come.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ArceePrime said:

Hi, Ed.  I know it is about three months and a half late to say this as July 31st, 2020 already passed by, but I do want to say this before the end of the year.  I want to say happy 10th anniversary to Halo 2600.  I've enjoyed this game when I have first discovered it two years ago and still play to this day.  This game is what got me into the Halo series, in which I've played Halo: Combat Evolved next.  Thank you for such a wonderful demake of Halo: Combat Evolved.  Here's to 10 more years of this game and counting and more great Atari home brews to come.

Seconding the sentiments in this post.  Thank you so much Ed!!

I attended the CGE in Vegas, my first retro game con, as I was just getting re-hooked on Atari from my childhood (thanks to GameRoom on XBLA!).  I knew sort of what homebrews were, but hadn't really jumped in with both feet.  I was pretty early in line for this, and I was (I believe) the first "general admission" person to set eyes and hands on the majesty of Halo 2600.  Just such a rush, as a person who followed Bungie in their whole development of this, from the RTS origin (coming full circle in Halo Wars lol) to the Xbox.  Got to attend pre-launch Xbox stuff as I managed an EB Games back in the day, still have Xbox / Halo dog tags around somewhere and the Halo: Combat Evolved lanyard.

And still have my original copy of Halo for 2600 by AtariAge.  :D

(and no that's not me in the pic, not sure who it is, he was there before they let us commonfolk in :) )

1831300133_HaloCGE2k10.thumb.JPG.0cd6f6d6ce93ce1f67b8b0ce93dc3598.JPG

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ed Fries said:

Thank you for all the kind comments. I can't believe it's been more than 10 years. Best regards!

-EdF

Wow 10 yrs! Congratulations on the anniversary. Thank you for signing my copy of Halo 2600 at PRGE 2017 and more importantly, thank you for signing two more copies for my sons at the Houston Area Arcade Expo.

642E2BED-377A-4B9A-87EC-DB61B627FEF1.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

Hey, all! I'm new here and just wanted to check out the game, but when I go to download it, Chrome blocks it and claims it is dangerous and contains a virus. Is this just Chrome being extra safe and not wanting me to download untrusted files, or is there actually a risk here?

13 hours ago, Jaks43 said:

Hey, all! I'm new here and just wanted to check out the game, but when I go to download it, Chrome blocks it and claims it is dangerous and contains a virus. Is this just Chrome being extra safe and not wanting me to download untrusted files, or is there actually a risk here?

Yes, the file is safe, it seems Chrome and Firefox are now making any files ending with a .bin extension as having a virus or malware, which is patently ridiculous, since none of those files here fall into those categories, yet these browsers are stating emphatically that the files are dangerous and contain a virus or malware.  They really should be taken to task for this, especially as it appears they are just blanket labeling all such files as dangerous.  I'm sure there are other extensions they are targeting as well. 

..Al

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1