IGNORED

No pics from CGE 2010 yet?

yuppicide

I mostly shot video, my brother did a lot of picture taking and I have not gone through his pictures yet (several hundred). I did take a hundred or so myself.. Here are a quick few, I will have more later (I wanted to be first!):

Two kids playing vectrex and Virtual Boy

post-12606-128079371107_thumb.jpg

Some guy playing Halo 2600

post-12606-128079372081_thumb.jpg

Guy playing Banjo with a Commodore 64 helping:

post-12606-128079373457_thumb.jpg

This is me with a couple of robots in the museum area. I have lots of pictures of me drooling over the 1450XLD, 1090 Expansion bus, and 815 disk drive if anyone is really interested?? Didn't think so :)

post-12606-128079375892_thumb.jpg

The Sonic and Tank costumes.. I only talked to the guy in the Sonic costume. Nice guy.

post-12606-128079378251_thumb.jpg

Here's mine. I'll update captions later this week. Also have 2 short video clips, 1 of HALO (the water cyclone I saw at CityCenter on Thursday - must have been some foreshadowing going on there :D) and part of a Medieval Mayhem match that I'll upload when I update the captions.

http://spiceware.org/gallery/cge2010

I had a great time at CGE and plan to attend next year.

Edited by SpiceWare

Yeah you did :rolling: I can only imagine some of them. :D :thumbsup:

What a fricking kick ass time though are we going to include the secret ones I got because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and the first rule of the AA Meeting is there is no AA Meeting and there's no AA Villa. :ponder:

Though unfortunately for me - no meal has compared to ShyOne's according to Bean - no matter what I wasted my money on, lmao. Your wife btw Wolfie is also the kind of Woman I wish I had had in my life before now. Two very amazing ladies I have been blessed to have met. :love:

Pictures coming tonight and I got some good ones. :D

ps - Spiceware, thank you so much for being so Nice to Bean, lol, she really adored you and everyone...

Especially "Uncle Chair Bitch" too. :rolling: Oh boy I hope she never repeats some of those vocabulary lessons from you guys. :ponder:

I must say.. neither of the three of you look like I thought you would.

Great to see not only pics of the show, but Vegas also. Looks fun there.

Hmm.. I want that sign that "A small sampling of the amazing television games we have to offer." :) Did AA ever produce any catalogs? That would be cool.

Spiceware, thank you so much for being so Nice to Bean, lol, she really adored you and everyone...

Thanks! I had a great time meeting you, Bean and everybody else! I was disappointed I didn't get to say goodbye - the Medieval Mayhem tournament took longer than I thought it would and I had to head out right away when it ended to catch my flight.

I mostly shot video, my brother did a lot of picture taking and I have not gone through his pictures yet (several hundred). I did take a hundred or so myself.. Here are a quick few, I will have more later (I wanted to be first!):

Two kids playing vectrex and Virtual Boy

post-12606-128079371107_thumb.jpg

This first picture is great; kids having fun on obsolete systems. Also, kind of symbolic for me as I'm sure the first time I get to play a Virtual Boy, I will be like a hyper little kid; I recently got to try a Vectrex for the first time and my wife said I was being quite a spaz about it. Morgan

Spiceware, thank you so much for being so Nice to Bean, lol, she really adored you and everyone...

Thanks! I had a great time meeting you, Bean and everybody else! I was disappointed I didn't get to say goodbye - the Medieval Mayhem tournament took longer than I thought it would and I had to head out right away when it ended to catch my flight.

Sorry I didn't get to say good bye, my wife's ankle still hurt like hell and I went back to the AA crib at 2pm on Sunday. Floated in the pool with beers all afternoon. :D

And no, I don't do pics. In fact, I already saw one really horrible one of me. LOL

Hmm.. I want that sign that "A small sampling of the amazing television games we have to offer." :) Did AA ever produce any catalogs? That would be cool.

We've never produced a catalog, but there has been work done on them in the past (including once again this year). Unfortunately, a catalog would be a very expensive proposition given how many pages it would need to be in order to show all the homebrew games that have been published through AtariAge. This is especially true since these would be given away.

..Al

Here's mine. I'll update captions later this week. Also have 2 short video clips, 1 of HALO (the water cyclone I saw at CityCenter on Thursday - must have been some foreshadowing going on there :D) and part of a Medieval Mayhem match that I'll upload when I update the captions.

I see you managed to get a picture of me getting my ass kicked lol :D

I see you managed to get a picture of me getting my ass kicked lol :D

:D

If you PM me the photo & position I'll put rjchamp3 in the description. If you want me to also put your real name, send that as well. This goes for anybody else I managed to snap - I do apologize for not remembering everybody's name, even though I recall who I met there were so many people that the names/handles and faces are already starting to blur in my memory.

Edited by SpiceWare

Nah, we wouldn't produce a FULL catalog. Just something like your 1 sheet showcasing new games and some info. Could even stick some games in there that might not be produced, so we can look back years later and say "Remember that game box that was shown at CGE.. whatever happened?"

But you're right about the "given away" thing.

We've never produced a catalog, but there has been work done on them in the past (including once again this year). Unfortunately, a catalog would be a very expensive proposition given how many pages it would need to be in order to show all the homebrew games that have been published through AtariAge. This is especially true since these would be given away.

..Al

I've been playing catch up all day now I'm back, so hopefully I will have my shots online tomorrow...

Please, The only thing I ask is esp with Beans age and being a protective Mummy and of course the health battles I am very self conscous about understandibly to please not post pics of her or myself and just send them to us. I'm very sensitive about that. Though most of you know me well and how I feel already and I really appreciate the support and respect. :)

Understood... it was fabulous, terrific and wonderful to finally meet you, but I'll leave the pic of us out of my upload. I'll just send it along to you privately in due course ;)

Aw feel free to post that too, lol - was one of the highlights of this trip seeing you and so very glad you made the trip across the pond. hopefully i can return the favour and bounce over your way next time :)

They will be sick of seeing me and bean over and over lmao.:P

I've been playing catch up all day now I'm back, so hopefully I will have my shots online tomorrow...

Please, The only thing I ask is esp with Beans age and being a protective Mummy and of course the health battles I am very self conscous about understandibly to please not post pics of her or myself and just send them to us. I'm very sensitive about that. Though most of you know me well and how I feel already and I really appreciate the support and respect. :)

Understood... it was fabulous, terrific and wonderful to finally meet you, but I'll leave the pic of us out of my upload. I'll just send it along to you privately in due course ;)

I see a DefCon badge in those pictures... Now I'm REALLY jealous!

I see a DefCon badge in those pictures... Now I'm REALLY jealous!

To make you really jealous - that's Joe Grand showing off the badge :D

You can read up on his design for the badge, as well as the ones he designed for prior DefCons, on this page at his site.

At AtariAge he's probably best known for his homebrew Ultra SCSIcide.