IGNORED

Atari Flashback Portable?

If it were me, I'd be a bit miffed at releasing a portable based on the FB2 with the release of the FB3 out there by another company. If @games makes a portable it's sure to not be true to form.

im surprised they didnt relase the fb3 looking like a genesis controller like half the other crap they do

The FB3 doesn't have SD support, the portable w/ Legacy will. The last I heard, Legacy was going to put out the portable without Atari licensing. I was just wondering what the update on that was.

If it were me, I'd be a bit miffed at releasing a portable based on the FB2 with the release of the FB3 out there by another company. If @games makes a portable it's sure to not be true to form.

Frankly, I gave up on the idea of getting an 'official' Atari portable a while ago, and bought a used PSP to install open firmware on. I don't use it for playing PSP games: I have emulators for the 2600, 7800, Lynx, Intellivision, Vectrex, and Colecovision installed on it with an assortment of favorite games. Stella, Handy, Colem, etc all run quite well, the button controls are configurable to your liking, and I find about 98% of ROMs run just fine. (The one exception is the Intellivision emulator; I find it has a success rate of only about 60%.)

If there is ever a real Atari portable put out, I would definitely consider buying it, though.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Frankly, I gave up on the idea of getting an 'official' Atari portable a while ago, and bought a used PSP to install open firmware on. I don't use it for playing PSP games: I have emulators for the 2600, 7800, Lynx, Intellivision, Vectrex, and Colecovision installed on it with an assortment of favorite games. Stella, Handy, Colem, etc all run quite well, the button controls are configurable to your liking, and I find about 98% of ROMs run just fine. (The one exception is the Intellivision emulator; I find it has a success rate of only about 60%.)

If there is ever a real Atari portable put out, I would definitely consider buying it, though.

ls650, if you could just sell your "image" for the PSP, all set up and ready to go, that would be sweet. Then someone could just "lay" it down on their PSP. Could have something there....??? Don't know about the legality, etc... But neato nonetheless.....

• 4 months later...