IGNORED

Halloween demo cart stolen from AA at CGE 2010!

GroovyBee

Its not like AA is big corporation or that Al can go around to the back of the booth and get another "sample" from a big box.

Possible solutions for next time:

• Baggy pants with roomy pockets for spare demos.
    _
  • Emergency demo cart necklaces worn by anyone officially watching the AA booth.
    _
  • A Velcro suit covered in demo carts. Just rip one off when needed.

• A Velcro suit covered in demo carts. Just rip one off when needed.

Remember that sick gameshow in the early 90's that had the velcro suits and the helmet at the end where the contestant would run through in so much time and grab the games and put them on their suit. They got to keep what they had at the end. So wanted to be on that show with the original guy from Nickelodeon talk show with the green ooze.....

• Like 1

That's really shitty. In the future, I suggest a proximity charge located within the cartridge that detonates when the cart is more than 30 feet from the booth, big enough to destroy the cart and take the thief's hands with it. That seems reasonable, right? :twisted:

I know not to trust goodwill in men but could it just be misplaced? Put in the wrong box at the end of the night?

If its not there to put in the box that's where the problem is ;).

What about security cameras? If the last siting of the cart is known maybe video will show something..

I'm sure hotel security won't be interested in chasing up such a low ticket item (in materials cost).

I heard the Circus Galacticus demo was also stolen. I think this one had a clear shell with a Melody board in it, so it's pretty distinctive. Look out for this one on eBay as well.

From what I understand that was found by Al as the booth was being dismantled. It was on the floor, under the table away from the console it was plugged into.

Correct. Circus was just misplaced under the table. I guess it just fell down there when people were changing carts. The booth was mega busy so it was hard to watch what was going on, especially on the side with the TVs blocking our view.

Tempest

Who ever ends up with this will claim ignorance. "I bought it from sumguy." Even if it is they themselves that took the item, if it surfaces ignorance will be claimed. If it is ever found, I don't care what the justification for the who or where, it should be returned to it's owner. It's not like the download wasn't on AA to begin with if anyone wants the file. An ill gotten prize is worthless. Shame on who ever did this, or keeps it one second longer once they find out it was stolen.

AX

Claiming ignorance doesn't matter under the law. Recieving stolen goods is just as much a crime as stealing it yourself.

This is just plain stupid. Who has friends that are gonna be impressed that you stole a prototype cartridge from AA? If I found out my "friend" had done this I'd steal the cartridge from him, punch him square on the jaw and mail it back to Al--stat. Maybe not in that order. If it by some miracle does show up on eBay--the guy is a complete idiot.

Any chance it could have been a young kid? Too young to know better?

Matt -- you should be posting photo's not answering posts ;-)

Correct. Circus was just misplaced under the table. I guess it just fell down there when people were changing carts. The booth was mega busy so it was hard to watch what was going on, especially on the side with the TVs blocking our view.

Tempest

• Like 1

That is just bullshit, pardon my language. If the person that stole it is reading this, do the right thing and give it back. Even send it back with no return address if you want to remain anonymous. You aren't going to be able to sell it anyway...not without one of us finding out about it!

IMO it is below the lowest form of scum and i was very saddened.

Anyone who would be at that show would know that aa is a community, not a big company, and that a lot of heart and passion goes into it with only one glance.

I am still at the hotel so if the person reading this is in town still and even wants to take the cart to the desk and say they found it and to please leave it with the name "Chickybaby" and the instructions that a woman with a little girl would pick it up at 12 noon that is fine - I will check tomorrow morning before I leave.

There is still time to make this right.

Unfortunately I am fairly sure that whoever it was is probably long gone and either flew out or drove today but it's worth a try.

***To any people belonging to other forums like Nintendo Age, GameGavel, JS2, DP everywhere please crosspost this with that request and let them know I am here.***

It's not funny or a prank or even "cool". It is such a sad commentary on society and of all the shows over the yrs going back to 04? it's the first time that something like this has happened that I can remember. The crowd there was mostly people 'in the scene" who had come specifically for the weekend events - very few walk ins were really "into it" but everyone loved the nostalgia.

I just hope its not one of thsoe situations where someone stole it to dump and try to sell as their own game. But I had so been hoping it somehow would turn up in cleanup or packing or something. :sad:

ps - if any reports need to be filed from eitehr you groovybee with teh hotel because I don't know what you and al have decided, the security has been wonderful and i can do the groundwork.

Please let me know if I can assist in any way.