IGNORED

Master System HSC reloaded Round 20: Quartet

4Ks

gfs_88143_1_1.jpg

If you hate aliens, you'll love Quartet! You see, space colony Number Nine is being threatened by an invasion of the most dangerous kind. Alien attack. And the place is crawling with them. These vicious, vile parasites have even managed to confiscate the casket of the late great Queen Cynthia. It's your job to exterminate these treacherous creatures. To return the casket to its hallowed tomb. And save the colony from certain collapse. You'll have special equipment to help you along the way. Like a supersonic jet engine, a special bomb, missiles and a magic key. But time is running out. So don't just stand there thinking about it. Get on it. And get rid of this gruesome group. For good!

Deadline for high scores is 12:00am August 20, 2010

SIDE CHALLENGE! Complete the game for an extra 2 points!

Scoreboard:

Sonic R 119,200 + completion

Austin 62,200

zylon 44,600

4Ks 29,330

roadrunner 28,900

Hints & Tips:

- Your time meter is basically your life bar. When you get hit, the time drops. When you run out of time though, you will stay alive until you get hit again.

- If you fall down a pit, regardless of how much time you have, you lose a life.

- Little brown canisters pop up occasionally, refilling your time meter, or vastly extending on to what you already have. ~ Austin

Current HSC Points:

roadrunner 144

zylon 140

Sonic R 108!

Austin 68

4Ks 35

JibbaJabba 20

darthkur 20

JayWI 14

davepesc 12

Edited by 4Ks

Maybe I will jump on my XBOX later and load up this ROM in my SMS emu.. I haven't had a good MAME session on the 'ole box in a while, and playing in this HSC will give me an excuse to boot it up. ;)

**edit: All right, got home and played it for a bit.. I was able to get 62,200. In typical SMS fare, this game is hard as nails, especially by the time you get to stage five.

post-24675-128118655831_thumb.jpg

Edited by Austin

How about a side challenge?

The Arcade version of Quartet on normal difficulty.

And the C64 version.

Game Gear side challenges are OK, but there's already an Arcade HSC and C64 has nothing in common with SMS (plus the fact that few people actually own a C64 and this game).

Tips:

- Your time meter is basically your life bar. When you get hit, the time drops. When you run out of time though, you will stay alive until you get hit again.

- If you fall down a pit, regardless of how much time you have, you lose a life.

- Little brown canisters pop up occasionally, refilling your time meter, or vastly extending on to what you already have.

Yeah, not really sure what else to write. Hopefully that helps the people having trouble with the game.