IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped: Round 2 poll

Austin

**Edit, 8/16: The poll is officially closed. After a tie between SUPER BURNOUT and CHECKERED FLAG, a coin was tossed, and.. SUPER BURNOUT wins! Here is the ratio of votes at the end (The poll at this point has been removed):

World Tour Racing (CD) (5 votes [13.89%])

Checkered Flag (15 votes [41.67%])

Super Burnout (15 votes [41.67%]) (coin toss)

Club Drive (1 votes [2.78%])[/b]

We decided to go with racing titles for this second round of the new Jaguar HSC. What's it going to be? Super Burnout? Club Drive? World Tour Racing (CD)? How about Checkered Flag?.. *ducks and runs* ..No, seriously, we did list Checkered Flag.

:lol:

Currently jaguar-hsc-revamped-round-1-zoop/"]ZOOP is in session; Round 2 will start on Sunday, 8/15/2010.

I would suggest using different games each time and not repeating ones you've already played for lots of variety!

Don't have a Jag but I wish everyone luck and lots of fun. :)

If Super Burnout wins, we could definitely pick a different track than the last one.

• Like 1

C'Mon Checkered Flag! :love:

C'mon Checkered Flag!!! :rolling:

Now i can go back and try and beat my own best lap time records! :D

Geez, best lap records? I feel for you, man.

Then again, I'm going to feel for everyone here, because it looks like it's going to win. :o

You Love Me... You really Love Me! :rolling:

Yes, of course, Chicky. :rolling:

Well as long as all the people who voted actually play it could be a good round. (come on we need more scores in Zoop ;-) )

Absolutely.. C'mon people, submit some scores. Even if you suck, you will still get at least 3rd or 4th place.. That's 7 or 8 points towards the next round with virtually no effort involved. At least get yourselves on the leader board! :thumbsup:

Why isn't Power Drive Rally a candidate? My favorite Jaguar racing game...

There are a handful of others that we missed, such PDR, Supercross 3D and Atari Karts.. We don't want to throw any more than four into the mix, otherwise the votes may be too spread out. Those racers that do not make it to a round will be stuck in a future poll when we re-visit the racing genre in the coming months.

I actually wanted to pick something like PDR or Atari Karts (Trying to keep a 50/50 balance between rare titles and commons). We had already settled on WTR, Super Burnout and Club Drive, but instead of picking a rare title to balance it, I think Doctor Clu was feeling devious and opted for Checkered Flag instead. :evil:

Why isn't Power Drive Rally a candidate? My favorite Jaguar racing game...
Dunno, is there a lap practice mode on PDR? I can't remember? :?

I don't recall, either. It's probably been about a decade since I've played it. I had a bid on a CIB copy on eBay last week, but it ended up selling for $35+, out of my league for something like that. If anyone can verify whether it tracks lap times in any form, please let me know. If it doesn't, then it's not eligible for the HSC.

If noone else gets to it before me I'll pull PDR out tonight and take a look.

[edit]

From the manual (So looks like there is some kind of scoring system we use to track)

STAGE RESULTS

-------------

Stage Results

At the end of each race the Stage Results Screen will appear. Prize money is

awarded if you qualify, plus bonuses if you break the course record or beat

the computer-controlled car on Rally Cross sections. Here you'll also fund

out the cost of your next race.

<P dir=ltr>AND

High Scores

If you're good enough to make the top three scores, the High Score Screen

will appear. Press the D-Pad Left or Right to scroll through the available

letters, then press the A or B Button to select the letter.

Edited by orpheuswaking
  • Like 2

If you're good enough to make the top three scores, the High Score Screen

will appear. Press the D-Pad Left or Right to scroll through the available

letters, then press the A or B Button to select the letter.[/indent]

Hm, interesting.. I guess we will have to verify if they are points, or if they are lap times.. But regardless, it sounds like it has something that would allow it to qualify for the Jag HSC. Hopefully there is a way to simply view your high scores, to make it easier on people (I noticed some titles, like Dino Dudes, only let you view your score after a game-over or during stage switches, but there isn't an actual score rankings screen outside of that).