IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped: Round 2 poll

Austin

the poll is a sham, i demand a recount. altho telling people to vote

for a certain game often has an adverse or opposite effect, let people

make up their own minds and don't tell them what they should vote for.

;) Definitely! :thumbsup:

I vote for Super Burnout! :P Forget CF! :twisted:

What a surprise :roll:

Of course!, :P Next time don't tell people to vote for the thing YOU want and I won't purposly use my vote to vote against you! (hahaha!) :P

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 4

Enough of the comments, guys. A HSC poll thread should not be a catalyst for yet more bickering. Any further snide or nasty comments between opposing viewpoints here are going to start resulting in moderator preview for all offenders, NO EXCEPTIONS.

• Like 6

Well, it seems some have been a bit grumpy this AM (while I actually managed a nap).

I will be very happy to clear the poll should Austin Prefer and we can start it over. He has been good enough to do this and as all of us do support bringing the community together for this fun event. Easy to rememdy.

All austin has to do is let me or any moderator know what he'd prefer. Right?

Many have had opinions and positive feedback and lets keep it that way.

Thank you. :)

• Like 3

It would probably be best for individuals to refrain from spamming status updates or posting pleas in other forums in order to sway a poll for such a contest. Doing so does not appear fair to those who do not share the same sentiment. That could probably go a long way in preventing this from happening in such a thread again. I see no need to restart the poll since it does still have a few days left.

• Like 6

I actually liked checkered flag. lol, but if someone supports a game I don't see why they cant put that in a status as well as posting in a thread - same basic thing, to be honest though I do agree on posting it in other forums.

We will see what the creator of the poll says and what they prefer. :)

It would probably be best for individuals to refrain from spamming status updates or posting pleas in other forums in order to sway a poll for such a contest. Doing so does not appear fair to those who do not share the same sentiment. That could probably go a long way in preventing this from happening in such a thread again. I see no need to restart the poll since it does still have a few days left.

• Like 3

I can see both sides of the argument, primarily that if we get say 40 votes overall we should have that many people playing, which may not happen if people are just coming in to vote things up for friends.

HOWEVER on the flipside of the argument, anything that promotes more interest in the contest has to be at least a little bit good right?

• Like 3

@ Sauron: My respect is there for you as a moderator, but I feel you crossed the line much too early in this thread. Any perceived "bickering" was surely of the friendly kind, and if you saw it otherwise, a simple, friendly reminder would have been enough to suffice. "Moderator preview for all offenders, NO EXCEPTIONS," is a little overboard, however. If you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, I sincerely hope your day has since gotten better. :thumbsup:

@ Chicky: Thanks for the offer, but I think the poll is fine as it is. I don't see a problem. Thank you. :) :thumbsup:

@ The two complaining: I appreciate your opinions, and thank you for voicing them. However, I sincerely hope you only chose to do so because you had the honest intent to actually play in this competition. From what I can see, both of your track records with the Jag HSC are pretty empty (at least during this last season). If you would like to join up, please do so, we would love to have you. :thumbsup:

For those interested in my feelings on the issue, I personally do not have a problem with people posting status updates to help influence their game of choice. Likewise, I do not have a problem with them advertising this competition on other websites. In the end, if it brings attention to the Jaguar HSC (something it needs very badly), then it's a good thing in my book.

As far as the morality aspect (something I know you are standing by, Sauron), my outlook is that this is not likely not happen again (in the same way, anyway) in the future.. Well, that is until Supercross 3D is thrown up into a future poll.. :ponder:

Checkered Flag's status as one of the worst games on the Jaguar is the only reason why it took off like it did in this poll, and anyone who fails to see that has missed the joke completely. Doctor Clu and I stuck it on the list just for kicks, knowing that no one would vote for it. However, a couple of other users here took the ball and ran with it. Low and behold, it got some votes! As hilarious as it was while it lasted, I find it even more humorous that Super Burnout is tied with it! This goes to show that even in jest, people STILL can't bring themselves to select Checkered Flag, and that's the beauty of it. :rolling: :lol:

As far as all of those extra votes, will we have some new players? I don't know, maybe. Regardless, I think our handful of regulars will still be playing despite whatever game is chosen, and however it is chosen. :thumbsup:

With that guys, we have a few more days to see which game actually pulls through. Currently, Checkered Flag and Super Burnout are tied. The pressure is on!! Until then, feel free to drop by the current competition and get your scores in for ZOOP! :D

• Like 4

Austin, I would appreciate it if you and the other members of the Jaguar forums here would respect my position as a global moderator and not try to call me out on my warnings. My warning was based on previous bickering between the two particular individuals in another thread. However, I do not owe you nor anyone else an explanation for that warning, and having already presented the matter to Albert more privately, he agreed with my stance. If you have issues with the way I perform my moderating duties here, please feel free to take it up with Albert privately. Any further belligerence against myself or any other moderator here will not be taken lightly.

• Like 5

The moderators here exist for a reason, and whether you like it or not, we have been given broad authority to handle matters that involve disrupting threads or the general peace in any fashion. Like both Tempest and I have stated, if you have problems with the way moderation is handled here, you can either take it up with Albert or find somewhere else to spend your time. The next person who tries arguing this point any further will go on moderator preview.

• Like 2

I can see both sides of the argument, primarily that if we get say 40 votes overall we should have that many people playing, which may not happen if people are just coming in to vote things up for friends.

HOWEVER on the flipside of the argument, anything that promotes more interest in the contest has to be at least a little bit good right?

I'll add my point of view to this - I got drawn into the vote from the post at JSII, I voted for Checkered Flag, and I will participate in the High Score Club for the first time now only if Checkered Flag wins the vote. :P

I might be tempted to join a Super Burnout competition as well, but I quite like wrangling with Checkered Flag. :)

• Like 2

I'll add my point of view to this - I got drawn into the vote from the post at JSII, I voted for Checkered Flag, and I will participate in the High Score Club for the first time now only if Checkered Flag wins the vote. :P

I might be tempted to join a Super Burnout competition as well, but I quite like wrangling with Checkered Flag. :)

Haha, thanks for joining in! :)

It may come down to a coin toss come Sunday though if we do not get any more votes..

If Checkered Flag wins it will definitely force me to spend some serious time with the game, which I haven't done yet. I finally got my capturing setup complete so my next HSC runs will have video :)

Awesome, it will be cool to see some video responses. :)