IGNORED

Xbox 360 Force Feedback Wheel

Tickled_Pink

What force feedback steering wheels are available for the 360? I've never been keen on the Microsoft unit as it looks too much like a toy. Logitech used to make the DriveFX but that's no longer available (I have a Logitech Driving Force for the PS2).

Is there anything else available?

The only other wheel available is the Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel. Those are almost sold out too. It's easily the best wheel for the 360 and it will also work with the PS3 and PC as well. Then again, it better be the best wheel with the amount of money they charge for it. I have the Ultimate edition and it's a very nice piece of machinery. It cost me £300 ($480).

I like my MS one. The price has dropped dramatically, and it works pretty good. I haven't had any complaints about it. It is a little craptastic, but in general it is a durable, responsive controller. For the price, it would be hard to beat. Then again, I wouldn't give it any credit for being wireless, because it has to be plugged in for force feedback anyway.

I like my MS one. The price has dropped dramatically, and it works pretty good. I haven't had any complaints about it. It is a little craptastic, but in general it is a durable, responsive controller. For the price, it would be hard to beat. Then again, I wouldn't give it any credit for being wireless, because it has to be plugged in for force feedback anyway.

[You may not want to read the following]

If you are to pick up an aftermarket Microsoft Steering wheel, do yourself a favor and make sure it has the reissued power supply. These items were shipped new with the possibility of the ac cable startinga fire...they were not recalled, but if you were to contact the store you purchased your item from or Microsoft, they would issue you a new one...

microsoft's been really bad about wheels--since the xbox1 really. Their failure to support standard wheels is actually the single largest factor in me not owning one. They could have easily supported them on both of their systems.

I think we've actually named all the 360 feedback wheels. That old logitech (not true force feedback), that old microsoft wheel, and the various flavors of pricey fanatec wheels.

If I didn't already have an expensive wheel setup (ps2/ps3/pc, not xbox), I'd consider the fanatec, but then driving games are currently where I spend much of my time. Since that's keeping me from 'being serious' about 360, every time I've thought about it, my thoughts have settled on the microsoft wheel. I've never used it, or heard anything great about it, but 'good enough for xbox' is where I'm forced to go on the matter. It all comes down to a price.

From what I've seen of it, the M$ wheel is aimed at the same segment as your old driving force, but being a couple generations newer will be a bit of a step up. For a lengthy but more informed comparison between the logitech and microsoft wheel, here's a (link)

Edited by Reaperman

Thanks guys. I came across the Fanatec one shortly after posting. But it's way too pricey for me .... sadly.

There is a new wheel due out at the end of the month. It's licensed by TVR (which is a bit odd considering the company doesn't even have a website at the moment). Not sure if it's a true FF, though. From what I've read the DriveFX is the one to go for. Might order one tomorrow on eBay.

• 4 weeks later...

I love my 360 wheel but I haven't been able to use it in a while because the control pad has stopped working on it. Or more specifically, pressing the down direction on the control pad doesn't work anymore. I can still use a controller to manipulate menus and such, and the wheel to do the actual racing (I only use with with Forza 2 and Forza 3, and those games don't do anything significant with the up and down directions on the control pad except turn telemetry data on and off).

If I had the money to lay out for one, I'd love one of those Fanatec wheels to replace it, but that's just not in the cards right now. :sad: