IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped: Round 2 - Super Burnout!

Austin

Sorry it took me so long. I have been so busy I wasn't even able to get the game out until tonight. Just a note... I have not watched the video kgenthe posted yet... but I fully intend to. If you show me your hand I'm going to look at your cards. :twisted:

Anyway, I got 0'35"26. Great track!

post-2962-128227265599_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Lowered my time to 47.41. Holding down last place in the HSC, but slightly less embarassing. Still only using the default bike...

Yeah dude.. Definitely need to be using the Punisher. :D

I won't use any bike that I haven't unlocked through normal play. Cheat codes are... cheating. Might play some championship mode and earn a better bike if I get time.

• Like 1

I won't use any bike that I haven't unlocked through normal play. Cheat codes are... cheating. Might play some championship mode and earn a better bike if I get time.

It's not cheating if it's in the rules of the comp.. Remember we are not trying to complete the game, just obtain some track times, so all bikes are fair game. You should only feel guilty if you are using the Punisher to complete the normal championship mode on your own. ;) :D

Lowered my time to 47.41. Holding down last place in the HSC, but slightly less embarassing. Still only using the default bike...

That's a legit concern. But this particular challenge is a "Punisher Bike Challenge", not a normal bike challenge. Additionally, I do not believe you can earn the Punisher Bike, or any other bikes for that matter by normal play. I'm sure in the future Austin can/may/will do a "Normal Bike Challenge" like the last Super Burnout HSC. But I feel that by not using the Punisher bike, you are really missing out on this great HSC!

• Like 1

That's a legit concern. But this particular challenge is a "Punisher Bike Challenge", not a normal bike challenge. Additionally, I do not believe you can earn the Punisher Bike, or any other bikes for that matter by normal play. I'm sure in the future Austin can/may/will do a "Normal Bike Challenge" like the last Super Burnout HSC. But I feel that by not using the Punisher bike, you are really missing out on this great HSC!

Nah, I don't mind sitting in last. With some practice using Wheels of Terror I might even move up one place...

Can the Punisher be unlocked by winning every Championship mode race?

• Like 1

I wasn't really thrilled about "The Punisher" being allowed since part of the fun last time was figuring out which bike was needed to get the best time for the particular track we were racing. But, I have had a good deal of fun using it and I never use it so it is a change of pace. I would say cheating in this competition would be using turbo speed. I don't believe the game records your times once it is enabled because it is such a blatant cheat.

• Like 1

Do you use automatic or manual transmission?

I use automatic. I haven't tried manual at all though I wouldn't it imagine it helping considering the way it was implemented. I'm really joking about my method being completely different from yours. The basic route around the track is obvious. I turn a lot less and there are a few turns that should be taken on the outside and the line is not the best place to be.

Basically, I don't shift my bike left and right as much as you do and ultimately I turn less. The last two turns are tough and critical. There is only one way to attack them and that is simply getting as close to the grass as possible going in, letting off the gas, start gassing again as soon as possible (this is going to make the difference but if you are getting close you will be in the grass a few times which means you toss that lap PLUS the coming lap.) Never ever brake. I don't use the brake at all on this track. Germany you can gun all the way. This track requires letting off the gas a little but not much. When I am approaching the second-to-last turn I don't have to get over for it because I'm already over for the full straight on approach because of the way I take the turn before that. If I had a nifty tv card I would throw up a video myself but obviously the differences aren't buying me a whole lot of time. If I had one perfect lap I would knock a nice chunk off though.

I literally didn't take the game out until last night and I played two sessions. I couldn't have played more than 45 minutes total. So, assuming we put a lot more time in before the end of the competition, I expect we are going to be making more posts with improved times. Watching your video you have a lot of room to get into the 34's and I know you will. :D

Edited by Hyper_Eye
  • Like 1

Hey everyone, always nice to see a bunch of responses when I wake up to go to work @ night.. If anything, I'm glad to see this competition is alive and kicking! :)

In response to the Punisher thing, I mainly did it so everyone would be on an even playing field. I have seen in other racing games (as well as other types of games, like fighting games) where there is a variety of tiered classes (High, mid, and low tiers, typically). Often times in racing games in particular, the lower tiers cannot remotely even touch the higher tier track times--it's just not physically possible (the F-Zero X/GX series is a shining example here). To eradicate any kind rift like that, I feel things work better in the end to put everyone on the same playing field and then to go from there. Of course, racing styles still differ, and there are still a wide variety of times coming in. Techniques are being shared, and that's the cool part about it, IMO. :)

Of course, to offset things in a future competition, we can have the rules based around the default bikes. :)

Anyways, this week has been an odd one for me. Hopefully I can make some time on my days-off come Sunday and Monday to submit a score.

Your score has been added to the list. :)

Nice one, Boog! :thumbsup:

Laird, you have some catching up to do!

PS guys, I am going to list the bike you used next to your best times in the initial post. I listed the Punisher for everyone by default, assuming that's what everyone played (Except for Boog). Please correct me if I made a mistake by anyone's name.

OK, finally got around to giving this game some time. 36:59 is my best lap. I can't seem to get much better than this, so I will have to see about moving over to manual transmission mode.. :o

**Edit: Just spent about 30 minutes with Manual transmission mode.. Maaaan, screeeew, thaaat. :lol: I think the above time will be my best effort in this round.

post-24675-128255364523_thumb.jpg