IGNORED

Sega Genesis Activator

Rev. Rob

Awesome reveiw, I think I saw a video back in the day of someone on some news show trying to use the thing. I saw one in a pawnshop once, but I literally knew nothing about it at all. Sounds like a cool concept, if a bit clumsy.

I imagine part of it's problem is, it's using essentially an infrared beam to bounce off the ceiling, so rather than a whole panel being able to read your movement, it's really only a beam, meaning you have to be considerably more precise than just "wave over the upper right area"

If I see one of these again, I'll probably pick it up and mess with it....but I doubt it'll make a permanent part of my game setup.

Awesome reveiw, I think I saw a video back in the day of someone on some news show trying to use the thing. I saw one in a pawnshop once, but I literally knew nothing about it at all. Sounds like a cool concept, if a bit clumsy.

I imagine part of it's problem is, it's using essentially an infrared beam to bounce off the ceiling, so rather than a whole panel being able to read your movement, it's really only a beam, meaning you have to be considerably more precise than just "wave over the upper right area"

If I see one of these again, I'll probably pick it up and mess with it....but I doubt it'll make a permanent part of my game setup.

It actually is pretty precise, it's just that pulling off a move in a game isn't easy because you can't be quick enough. For example, in Mortal Kombat back, back, A is ridiculous because you have to quickly move your foot twice over the back panel and then use your hand over the A panel, and you just can't do that as fast as you can with a controller. I once did the first three acts of Sonic 2, and it was a nightmare.