IGNORED

I have Playstation Move early!

I already have the Playstation Move! I am one of the 1000 people chosen to get the Move early and spread the word. I'm so lucky! If anyone in the Phoenix area wants to come over and check it out, shoot me a PM.

neato. is it something you can post more about, or would sony rather you not?

They sent me a disc with three games on it but I believe they are just demos. I will be trying it out for the first time this afternoon when my little brother gets home from school. He's excited that I have it before the release date and I told him I would wait until he's here to play. I received the two remotes, the actual eye that hooks up to the system, the game disc and a bunch of Move promo items.

The reason I received these items is to spread the word. Sony not only doesn't care if others play it but encourages it, the only thing I can't do is obviously sell it or let someone borrow it and hook it up to their system. Basically, it can't leave my house or I'm in trouble. I guess some people were trying to sell it so they sent out an email to everyone that got the Move, informing them of the legal issues that could come up. Some people are so stupid. I will be doing everything "by the book" because I am proud and very grateful that I am able to do this.....and, I'm not stupid. ;)

I was really hoping to get the individual games seperate with their own cases and everything because that's how it sounded in messages I received but that's not how they did it. I got hooked up really good though because when the Move bundle is released, it will come with one controller. I'll probably pick up a game or two when they are released next month. I'm supposed to play and get as familiar with everything as I can so when people come over, I can answer questions and basically give them an itch to get Move when it's released.

The light bulbs are pretty funny looking so I don't mind having them. ;) (I have a strange sense of humor)

I just hope the games are a LOT more fun and detailed than the Wii. I like my Wii but I always wanted the games to have a lot more depth. Wii Sports was good but not enough to make you keep playing them.

I heard No More Heroes is coming out on the PS3. Thats a game on the Wii that has some depth and creativity with the controls.

I'm curious about the graphics and playing sports games like Baseball. Also I wonder how it would work with 3D games if that ever would happen.

Let us know how you like it!

After fully exploring the disc, I have a lot more demos than it said:

Tumble

Beat Sketcher

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

The Shoot

TV Superstars

Kung Fu Rider

Start the Party

Sports Champions

I am having an amazing time and so is everyone else that has come over to play. I really like the Move and see how it can be incorporated into games that we are familiar with and may like. Resident Evil, Socom...etc. The camera is great and definately gives an edge Wii doesn't deliver on. I can't believe how many demos I have on the disc. This has turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought. I give Move :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

After fully exploring the disc, I have a lot more demos than it said:

Tumble

Beat Sketcher

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11

The Shoot

TV Superstars

Kung Fu Rider

Start the Party

Sports Champions

I am having an amazing time and so is everyone else that has come over to play. I really like the Move and see how it can be incorporated into games that we are familiar with and may like. Resident Evil, Socom...etc. The camera is great and definately gives an edge Wii doesn't deliver on. I can't believe how many demos I have on the disc. This has turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought. I give Move icon_thumbsup.gificon_thumbsup.gif

are you allowed to make videos?

So you got the full starter pack with an extra Move, sweet!! :thumbsup:

I played this a couple of weeks back at one of the Playstation Beta events in the UK. The move is a lot more comfortable to hold than the wiimote. The device is also a lot more accurate than the wii controllers. I am a little torn over whether to get this on release day or not. Games like HVB are being patched to take advantage of the move. That should give HVB a new lease of life! I've not played RE5, but with the Gold edition being move compatible I might just be tempted to get both!

I enjoyed my short time with the move controller. Not a baseball fan at all, but would love to see move built into MLB10, stick that with the 3d & you've could really be on the mound at ....generic baseball ground! :lol:

I still get the feeling that the Kinect will sell a lot better than this. I get the feeling that too many people think its just a rip off of what Nintendo have already done, which would be a real shame! Maybe that 2 month headstart will help?? Time will tell!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a few "what's it like" questions.

First of all, Attack of the Show did a review and played some of the Sports Champions game and Kevin Pereira said you need to calibrate holding the controller between every game (about half way through the review). That can't be true is it? I find Wii Sports Resort very slightly annoying when I had to recalibrate it once in a while, totally acceptable, just would have preferred not to need to do it at all. But Move looks like it needs to calibrate every single time. Is that true?

Also, what's the sensitivity like if you play Move in a dark room? What if you play it in a bright sunlit room?

Finally, you have to stand 8 feet from your TV they say, what happens if you are farther or closer than that? What happens if you are off-center? Can you tilt your eye-camera to center you properly (I'm just thinking I have a couch in the way and can't be perfectly square to my TV).