IGNORED

1976 Coleco Telstar Pong machine

endrien

Hi endrien,

Would say around $30 but depends if it's in great condition (system and box). There a 2 or 3

Ebay sellers that are asking freaking crazy prices for pong systems. About 70% of all pong systems

released worldwide has a AY-3-8500 chip inside them and the Telstar you're asking has one in it.

So don't expect to get a fortune for it but you can have a good price if it's in great condition. :)

--- Sly DC ---

:D :P :| ;) :D :) :cool: :thumbsup:

I like ay-3-85xx systems and have a 1024 page book with schematics for electronics and it has a section on ay-3-8500 chips in it including a gun circut so I like any games that use that chipset I also found a couple of places that still have that chip as nos anyway I think its worth $50 cause where are you going to find a nother one.. the section is called tv games .

Edited by awace

Wow! the price on these must have really gone up. A few years back I couldn't sell the one I had for $3.00. It didn't have the box but it looked and played great. I ended up giving it to goodwill. Had I known that price would go up that much I would have kept it. :(

• 2 months later...

:D :P :| ;) :D :) :cool: :thumbsup:

I like ay-3-85xx systems and have a 1024 page book with schematics for electronics and it has a section on ay-3-8500 chips in it including a gun circut so I like any games that use that chipset I also found a couple of places that still have that chip as nos anyway I think its worth $50 cause where are you going to find a nother one.. the section is called tv games .

no the 1024 page book is $50

I've been eyeing them for awhile now as if I get one, I'll have at least one system from each game generation on hand. They seem to be running from between $20-$50 depending on condition and how intact they are. Probably more for one that is really shiny in a really shiny box.

There were several different units produced so I imagine that exact value is going to depend on which unit you have.