IGNORED

I need some information! ASAP

LevitasVeneficas

I've got a possibility of buying a decent collection of Atari 2600 cartridges and one of them is called Music Maker. Now I checked the rarity guide and it comes up as "P" or as we all know prototype. Now does anyone know how much a prototype is worth? Specifically Music Maker NOTE: rarity guide says the full name is Grovers Music Maker, but the seller just notes it as Music Maker. I was really hoping it was a typo and it's really MUSIC MACHINE!!! but I have yet to check the cartridges out for myself as the buyer lives a bit of a distance away (can't waste gas unless it's REALLY worth it)So any information on prototype rarity worth, or specifically Grovers Music Maker would be GREATLY appreciated!!! I will continue my search and will let the forum know if I've come to a conclusion, thank you all!

If the price is right for the collection I would say go for it. Heck, you'd be getting a collection not just a console or a couple of carts. What's the asking price?

Sounds more like a free appraisal to buy, then sell to me. :|

Being an unreleased prototype it might be worth a couple of hundred or more to the right person. However a more likely scenario is that it is in fact a Best Electronics reproduction version. That version is worth about $20-30.

How would I be able to tell the difference?

If the price is right for the collection I would say go for it. Heck, you'd be getting a collection not just a console or a couple of carts. What's the asking price?

$100 for a decent amount of games, this one however stuck out the most to me.

Sounds more like a free appraisal to buy, then sell to me. :|

What does it matter why I am asking for the information? This is a community of people that like to discuss Atari games and products, trying to "call" me out on my motives is irrevant. If I want to buy and sell whatever I want what do you care?

I think the easiest way to tell the fake Best Electronics Lab Loaner "prototype" cartridges from the real thing are: A) the labels have square corners, and B) Best only used two different dates in the white area. Note that some of the Best cartridges are a real original Atari EPROM circuit board in a new or used case with a new bogus label, so "sort of" authentic. But AFAIK, all of the ROM binaries of those versions are publicly available anyway, so you'd be paying a premium just to get that circuit board.

Well it turns out that the Music Machine/Music maker was actually a cartridge for the texas instruments commodore gaming machine...bummer. Thanks for the replies though guys, I really appreciate it!

Are you kidding? That's still a great thing! So it isn't rare and sought after, I'd still consider it. Anything from the 1980's or before is worthy of due consideration, even TI! :thumbsup:

Also, could you please elaborate on what exactly is a Texas Instruments Commodore Gaming Machine?

Edited by nathanallan

Well it turns out that the Music Machine/Music maker was actually a cartridge for the texas instruments commodore gaming machine...bummer. Thanks for the replies though guys, I really appreciate it!

Are you kidding? That's still a great thing! So it isn't rare and sought after, I'd still consider it. Anything from the 1980's or before is worthy of due consideration, even TI! :thumbsup:

Also, could you please elaborate on what exactly is a Texas Instruments Commodore Gaming Machine?

Sorry I misread the carts, TI COMMAND MODULE is what they are. Plus they're only the games I don't have the console so why would I want them if not to play them? I understand to collect them but unless they're rare what's the point of collecting it (in my opinion)