IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 4: Mr. Do!

Mr. Do!

You are a clown who moves around a maze. You can dig new paths to avoid monsters and collect cherries. Kill monsters with a 'powerball' or drop apples on them. Kill them all or eat all the cherries to go up a level.

Game Information

Game Name: Mr. Do!

Released By: Universal, 1982

MAME ROMset: mrdo

Dip Switches: Difficulty: Medium; Special: Easy; Extra: Easy; Lives: 3

Chosen By: patbb

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/3015

Twin Galaxies M.A.M.E. World Record: 6,282,550

Competition ends Sunday, September 5 @ 12PM EDT

Leaderboard

1. 149,300 patbb

2. 110,350 rmaerz

3. 35,700 roadrunner

4. 30,650 ClassicGMR

5. 27,950 FlyingTurtle

6. 14,700 LarcenTyler

Season Standings

Calculations through week 3

1. patbb 63

2. roadrunner 54

3. rmaerz 53

4. ClassicGMR 36

5. LarcenTyler 33

6. FlyingTurtle 20

7. HatefulGravey 12

8. Mister VCS 6

Edited by rmaerz

Hey folks:

We only have three votes so far for the final spot in the Labor Day Tournament. Please vote for the final tournament entry here.

The last game entry will be voted on from the following pool of games:

Carnival

Magical Spot II

Rally X

Rip Off

Star Castle

Tempest

Additionally, the games from the list above that are not voted in will be entered into December's Holiday Season Tournament.

As for that tournament, what do you folks think of making it an epic month long tournament beginning December 2nd and ending January 3rd?

Edited by rmaerz

Here are some tips and info on the game:

http://tips.retrogam...epage/mrdo.html

And a Video of a good game.

While I was at Fun Spot XII last June, I saw somebody make a "perfect game"

Unfortunately not the full game just the last 2 screens, but my wife saw the full game.

I don't remember exactly how many point he had but he suicide all its remaining life just before the score turn to zero.

Not sure if it was 999,999 or 9,999,999 or maybe even higher.

Unfortunately not the full game just the last 2 screens, but my wife saw the full game.

I don't remember exactly how many point he had but he suicide all its remaining life just before the score turn to zero.

I was at Funspot: did I meet you and were you in the tourney?

Was it Jimmy Linderman on Mr. Do!? He's the current record holder at 30 million. While he was not in the tournament he spent his time breaking records like the 200K he scored on Eagle. You would've known if it was Jimmy because he's a tall guy.

Edited by rmaerz

Was it Jimmy Linderman on Mr. Do!? He's the current record holder at 30 million. While he was not in the tournament he spent his time breaking records like the 200K he scored on Eagle. You would've known if it was Jimmy because he's a tall guy.

Yes I was in the tournement, No we did not meet. I was not playing the HSC regurlaly back then so I did not know about you. Hopefully we will next year ... If I can get somebody to stay with my 3 kids!! My wife likes to play to!

Is it your picture in your profile?

Yes it was Jimmy (picture below) I did not talk to him but my wife did ... I was playing DKIII a few machines to the left.

post-25394-128319989424_thumb.jpg

Edited by patbb

Yes I was in the tournement, No we did not meet. I was not playing the HSC regurlaly back then so I did not know about you. Hopefully we will next year ... If I can get somebody to stay with my 3 kids!! My wife likes to play to!

Is it your picture in your profile?

Yes it was Jimmy (picture below) I did not talk to him but my wife did ... I was playing DKIII a few machines to the left.

My pic is in my profile. Send me a PM with your name while you're at it.

Check out Jimmy - I can only see the top of a full-size cabinet when I'm on a step stool and I'm 6 feet tall! He's a good guy...

What level did you get to?

Hey Pat: Do you guys miss the Expos?

I sure do miss them.

I was a big fan, I went to at lease 50 games each year.

Even went to Philadelphia in 1994, our best year, just before the lockout.

I had a really good game.

I even recorded the game using WolfMame106 (The official TwinGalaxies MAME version).

I added the WolfMame installation package and a zip file containing the INP on DROP.IO for those would would like to have a look at my game.

With this version of MAME, you can submit your score to TwinGalaxies.

Let me know if you need help installing it.

http://drop.io/patbb_mame

post-25394-128329763103_thumb.jpg

I sure do miss them.

That's a shame...I'm a Phillies fan and I remember the intense rivalry between those two teams in the late 70s and early 80s.

I enjoy watching the highlights of that last weekend series between the Phils and Expos from the 1980 season that clinched the NL East for the Fightins.

Let's see: the outfield for the Expos at that time was a good one but I'm forgetting a name: Andre Dawson, Warren Cromartie and ???

Let's see if I can remember the infield: Tim Wallach 3B, Chris Speir SS, ??? 2B, Al Oliver 1B and Gary Carter C. Steve Rogers SP and I have no idea who the closer would have been.

I wish the Nationals would drop the "W" from their baseball cap. It looks like a rope as if they're supposed to be from Wyoming. The "DC" is cool...

Edited by rmaerz

I even recorded the game using WolfMame106 (The official TwinGalaxies MAME version).

Are you going to submit it? It's good for 11th place.

I would because there are 19 scores logged and that score is better than someone else's...that's how I approach it.

Are you going to submit it? It's good for 11th place.

I would because there are 19 scores logged and that score is better than someone else's...that's how I approach it.

I think I will.

I have a few score on the TG scoreboard. They were all added during a decade tornement last year.

I hope the Labor Day tourney we will as fun.

I sure do miss them.

That's a shame...I'm a Phillies fan and I remember the intense rivalry between those two teams in the late 70s and early 80s.

I enjoy watching the highlights of that last weekend series between the Phils and Expos from the 1980 season that clinched the NL East for the Fightins.

Let's see: the outfield for the Expos at that time was a good one but I'm forgetting a name: Andre Dawson, Warren Cromartie and ???

Let's see if I can remember the infield: Tim Wallach 3B, Chris Speir SS, ??? 2B, Al Oliver 1B and Gary Carter C. Steve Rogers SP and I have no idea who the closer would have been.

I wish the Nationals would drop the "W" from their baseball cap. It looks like a rope as if they're supposed to be from Wyoming. The "DC" is cool...

I remember the games in the early 80s.

One of the game, I think it was for the division champ or maybe the NL champ games against the Dodgers, was in the afternoon, the teachers at my school stopped the classes so we can all watch the game ... Everybody was talking baseball in town. Let me tell you that it was quite different the last 5 years the team was in Montreal. I went to games were they was only 2000 in assistance, in a stadium that can seat close to 60k it was the same as if it was empty.

The other outfielder was Elis Valentine, probably the best arm in the history of baseball. Cocaine ruined his carrer.

Good memory, at 2nd base we had Rodney Scott with over 60 SB ... it was a very good team.

The Closer was Woodie Fryman, I remember that he was old ... he was 40 ... but I was 10 ... I wonder if the 10 year old see me the same way today :)

Yes you're right, it does look like a rope!

Sorry all for the "out of subject" conversation :ponder: