IGNORED

Cleaning out the Attic...

bob1200xl

No, not really. Everyone seems to want a 1200XL, though. I also have 800s and 1050s. (810s, even)

Bob

Mystic Orpheus the oracle predicts... BOB's PM box has EXPLODED!

I updated my PM to you, several items I'm interested in depending on shipping.

There seem to be a lot of 1200XL requests out there...

If we get too many, I'll have to try to inventory what I have. There could be 30, there could be 80 - I dunno. I know there are 'many' that will never be used. No point in wasting them, but a complete inventory would take a long time.

Maybe I could just pull 20 or so to keep and pass out any others that I come accross. (not counting the NIB units)

The Epson printers are mostly wide-carriage models.

Bob

I could use a NIB 1200XL if you have any left or a 1200XL.

How about a 600XL? I seem to have more than a few of those...

What would you put on the PBI?

Bob

I could use a stock 800XL with working PBI.

I have been (and plan to start again) running tests using MIO(s) with modified firmware (Warerat's 1.4.0) and larger SCSI drives. My current setup is an ICD 1MEG MIO with a 4GB Seagate SCSI drive on it. I had LOTS of stability problems with my 800XL's on this type of setup. All of the XL's I tested were unstable but as MG66 pointed out in another thread, had some type of modification in them, be it a Rambo, APE 32n1 OS, Video mods or MegHz 512K RAM. Right now I am unable to find a stock 800XL with a working PBI port in "My Attic". I have 2 stock ones but both PBI ports are non-functioning.

I also want to expand this testing into 2 other MIOs I have (1 ICD 256k and 1 MG66 1 megger).

Bob,

We are close neighbors. I could certainly help you clean out that attic, if you want. I have no specific requests, just would like to get at a complete kit for A8 computing. All of my stuff is currently in my parent's basement. Its hidden amongst all the other accumulated clutter of over 35 years of occupancy.

Let me know. We can exchange phone numbers by PM.

Looks like about $46 to mail a 16x15x3" 1200XL to Aus... so if the price is right, it could be doable.

He didn't mention any price so I guess it's free + shipping & handling. I guess if he got rid of most of his 1200XLs, he my have to change his AtariAge user ID to something else.

Put me in the queue for 1200XL. My relative can pick it up; he's in Sunnyvale, CA.

Or an Atari 800 if they are not available.

Not to worry. I'll keep a couple of dozen 1200XLs. I need more than a few so I can modify them and try different upgrades and such, which used to hack them up pretty good. Now, I do mods without serious, no backout changes. This means I can re-use a 1200XL again and again. I even have blank plastic that I can cut up, saving the original cases.

I'm making a list from requests in this thread but I can't say how many of anything are available at the moment. Like I said, I may fill 'orders' as I find more hardware.

Bob

Looks like about $46 to mail a 16x15x3" 1200XL to Aus... so if the price is right, it could be doable.

He didn't mention any price so I guess it's free + shipping & handling. I guess if he got rid of most of his 1200XLs, he my have to change his AtariAge user ID to something else.

Put me in the queue for 1200XL. My relative can pick it up; he's in Sunnyvale, CA.

I'll be keeping the NIBs...

Bob

There seem to be a lot of 1200XL requests out there...

If we get too many, I'll have to try to inventory what I have. There could be 30, there could be 80 - I dunno. I know there are 'many' that will never be used. No point in wasting them, but a complete inventory would take a long time.

Maybe I could just pull 20 or so to keep and pass out any others that I come accross. (not counting the NIB units)

The Epson printers are mostly wide-carriage models.

Bob

I could use a NIB 1200XL if you have any left or a 1200XL.

i would like a 1200XL, if possible. am in US.

I'm reducing my storage capacity and have a whole bunch of monitors and printers. Mostly mono monitors, Epson FX printers, some DeskJets, a few HP laser printers (III & IIID, 4MV - that kind of stuff) (an HP 7475 plotter?)

I also seem to have more 1050s, 800s, and 1200XLs than I am allowed under the Geneva Convention.

The monitors and printers will go to e-waste. The 8-bit stuff will get stored, although I think it would be best if some of it, at least, found a home where it might be used by someone.

Bob

Yeah, put me down for a 1200XL too. Any idea on price yet?

I'm imagining that a look into Bob's attic is kinda like that last scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where the ark is being stored in a giant warehouse, only it's all Atari stuff.

Not to worry. I'll keep a couple of dozen 1200XLs. I need more than a few so I can modify them and try different upgrades and such, which used to hack them up pretty good. Now, I do mods without serious, no backout changes. This means I can re-use a 1200XL again and again. I even have blank plastic that I can cut up, saving the original cases.

I'm making a list from requests in this thread but I can't say how many of anything are available at the moment. Like I said, I may fill 'orders' as I find more hardware.

Bob

I don't understand the hardware stuff you do, but I'm glad that you will still be hacking/using Ataris. People like you are needed in Atari scene and forums.

If you haven't trashed the HP Laser printers, my relative wants a couple; he's into PCs although he still plays Atari 800 pac-man and Joust.

I hope you live close because the LaserJets weigh a ton. Some have already been re-cycled, but there are surely more, deeper in the pile.

Bob

Bob

I don't understand the hardware stuff you do, but I'm glad that you will still be hacking/using Ataris. People like you are needed in Atari scene and forums.

If you haven't trashed the HP Laser printers, my relative wants a couple; he's into PCs although he still plays Atari 800 pac-man and Joust.

If you still have any 810's left I would like one, it's the one Atari made floppy drive I don't have for my collection, although I figure my Percom AT88-S1 is a close cousin. I live on the right continent, and even fairly close to the west coast, but Vernon, BC is just a little bit north of you. I would have requested a 1200XL as well if I hadn't acquired 3 on eBay earlier this year, but I figure that is enough for me.

I'm also sending a PM.

Bill

No, not really. Everyone seems to want a 1200XL, though. I also have 800s and 1050s. (810s, even)

Bob

Mystic Orpheus the oracle predicts... BOB's PM box has EXPLODED!

Bob, for the monitors and printers, consider recycling through best buy. Here in New Hampshire, they charge $10 per unit with a limit of two per day, BUT they give you a $10 gift card for each. I just cleared out all of my CRTs except for one 36" tv.

I'd love to have a working, unmodified 1200xl or two if total cost to ship to 03819 is not too much. Please pm me when you determine price.

I just dumped a dozen old monitors and a couple of LJIIIs for free, actually. Places like SVDP make a few bucks apiece from re-cycling them. Good thing... I'd go broke if I had to pay for getting rid of this stuff.

Bob

Bob, for the monitors and printers, consider recycling through best buy. Here in New Hampshire, they charge $10 per unit with a limit of two per day, BUT they give you a $10 gift card for each. I just cleared out all of my CRTs except for one 36" tv.

I'd love to have a working, unmodified 1200xl or two if total cost to ship to 03819 is not too much. Please pm me when you determine price.