IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped: Round 3 - RAIDEN

Austin

I really need to finish my Neo Geo to Jaguar adapter so I can use a proper controller for this game. The Jags d-pad and mushy buttons are kicking my ass!

I think the game's controller response is laggy in general in this game. That's by far one of the most difficult things about it. I think if you manage to make such an adapter, you will still have to deal with that factor. :( :o

Not sure if I'm going to get another score in. I can't touch you or LynxGod. So unless someone else passes me...

Played a little at lunchtime and got: 356,690

Sorry. :P

EDIT: Here's a pic of my 356k score. Tried to take a pic of my higher score last night but the camera battery ran out while taking the pic. Recharged today and found 'invalid image'.

Took the pic during the Continue? countdown becuase I was only playing with 1 credit... I never use continues in arcade style games. :)

post-9276-128439844734_thumb.jpg

Edited by boog
  • Like 1

Not sure if I'm going to get another score in. I can't touch you or LynxGod. So unless someone else passes me...

Aw, come on man, I know you've got it in ya! :)

Played a little at lunchtime and got: 356,690Sorry. :P

Nice. Score's been updated. :)

BTW, where's Hyper_Eye? Normally he comes out of the woodwork and blows away the other scores at the last minute.. :D

Damn, it seems I've discouraged everyone.. And I thought posting tips would help. Now I kind of wish I didn't go all-out.. :(

Man I suck at this game now!! Managed 98720, but go nowhere near it again afterwards!! Oh well nice to be the strongest member of the club ;)

Cool, any improvement is better than nothing.. Score's been updated. :)

I won't be blowing away any scores but I will post a score within a few hours.

Cool man.. The deadline is pretty much now, but it's going to be a while before I get the next game up. Just post your score whenever you can and I'll let it count for this round. :)

All right, I'm going to have to cut it off now since I've got the new round posted.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like this game. It gets crazy and the stat box on the right makes me get a little claustrophobic but it's a good shmup and I love them.

BTW, I'm AKD

If you want to improve your score even further, I posted a good amount of tips over on the first page. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Wow... awesome score.

My brother used to play Raiden more than I did and my cart is still filled with his old scores. His best was only around 2 million...

Thank you :)

Speaking of which, I gave it yet another go and I managed to best my old score once more! 4,737,970. Again, I lost earlier than I should have due to stupidity (I didn't bomb on time at the stage 6 boss, died, then lost my continue and all my lives in the next three minutes or so :().. Still, I think this is higher than UltraLuigi's score from last year. :D

You guys seriously have your work cut out for you.. :evil:

:D

Not only did your score beat UltraLuigi, but the world record.

• Like 1

Hm, interesting. Maybe I should look into the TwinGalaxies procedures and try to do this again. I will have to obtain another Raiden though as I sold the cart with the high score a few months back.

On the listing though it says "factory settings"--I'm curious if that's two credits, five credits, or eight credits (I think it defaults to 5? I don't recall exactly). Or, I wonder if the scores were set with just the stock amount of lives with no continues allowed. It doesn't specify, though.

On the listing though it says "factory settings"--I'm curious if that's two credits, five credits, or eight credits (I think it defaults to 5? I don't recall exactly). Or, I wonder if the scores were set with just the stock amount of lives with no continues allowed. It doesn't specify, though.

Hmmmm, that is very ambiguous. I have no idea.

• Like 1