IGNORED

Stan's Atari Player's Challenge!

StanJr

That's right kids, it is FINALLY here! Stan's Atari Player's Challenge! The contest for those of us who LOVE to PLAY the games, not just collect them!

Here's the deal. Below you will find 10 challenges. Each challenge asks for a SPECIFIC bit of information regarding the gameplay of a certain 2600 game. To complete each challenge you must PLAY the game and obtain the information requested (unless you just REALLY REALLY know too much about these games). Once you have completed ALL 10 challenges, post the requested information in this thread. Some of the challenges are hard, some are easy, it all depends on you and your wit and skill!

The RULES:

You may only post ONE "entry" post to this thread, and NO "entry" post may be edited. Any additional/edited posts will not be counted toward your entry. You may feel free to chat this thread up, but you only get one shot at the prize. Make it good. :)

You MUST list the correct information for ALL 10 challenges to win. Submissions are to be made ONLY to this thread, PM and e-mail entries do NOT count.

The FIRST to post the correct information for ALL 10 challenges wins. In the event of a chronological tie, there will be a run-off 11th challenge.

If you have questions regarding the contest, or its rules, contact me via PM. I will NOT give hints or help of any kind during this contest. Don't ask.

THE PRIZE: The prize is an ugly copy of PRESSURE COOKER. The game works great and was tested 2 minutes ago. The label is ugly, but HEY its Activision!!! I would politely ask that people who already own this game, abstain from the contest. There is a picture of the prize below. (Ugly ain't it?)

Good luck to all those who enter, and happy gaming!

THE CHALLENGES!

1. What is the MINIMUM number of shots required to destroy the Alien Mothership in PHOENIX?

2. How many pits can be found in the Enchanted Countryside in DRAGONSTOMPER?

3. On what level does the dreaded TENTACLE make its first appearance in H.E.R.O. (Game 1)

4. In MIDNIGHT MAGIC, what color does the table border turn when you Increase the Score Multiplier Value by 3x.

5. What is the MAXIMUM score possible on the first maze of MS. PAC-MAN? (Game 1)

6. In MARIO BROS. on what level does the slippery SLIPICE makes its first appearance?

7. How many rivers must you jump across in SMURF: RESCUE IN GARGAMEL'S CASTLE (Game 1) to reach Smurfette during level 3?

8. The blocks in SOLAR FOX (Game 1) form what letter of the alphabet at RACK 10?

9. What is the proper trajectory to fire the cannon at in HUMAN CANNONBALL (Game 1), if the wind is blowing at 43 MPH? (you can be within 1 degree)

10. How many hurdles must you jump in the 110m Hurdle Event in the ACTIVISION DECATHLON?

Once again, good luck and have fun!

Stan:spidey:

post-409-1038263606_thumb.jpg

OK, here goes...I'm not 100% sure on a few of these, but I gave them all my best effort, setting several Personal Bests, and ultimately, just despising some of these games (cough cough Phoenix...)

1. What is the MINIMUM number of shots required to destroy the Alien Mothership in PHOENIX? --- 10

2. How many pits can be found in the Enchanted Countryside in DRAGONSTOMPER? --- 1 BIG PIT (the main one I'm not sure of...don't have it, never played it, asked a friend about it...)

3. On what level does the dreaded TENTACLE make its first appearance in H.E.R.O. (Game 1) --- LEVEL 17

4. In MIDNIGHT MAGIC, what color does the table border turn when you Increase the Score Multiplier Value by 3x. --- GREEN

5. What is the MAXIMUM score possible on the first maze of MS. PAC-MAN? (Game 1) --- 13,900

6. In MARIO BROS. on what level does the slippery SLIPICE makes its first appearance? --- LEVEL 9

7. How many rivers must you jump across in SMURF: RESCUE IN GARGAMEL'S CASTLE (Game 1) to reach Smurfette during level 3? --- 6 RIVER JUMPS

8. The blocks in SOLAR FOX (Game 1) form what letter of the alphabet at RACK 10? --- X

9. What is the proper trajectory to fire the cannon at in HUMAN CANNONBALL (Game 1), if the wind is blowing at 43 MPH? (you can be within 1 degree) -- 76 DEGREES (I was also able to make it with 77 degrees)

10. How many hurdles must you jump in the 110m Hurdle Event in the ACTIVISION DECATHLON? -- 10 HURDLES

*crosses fingers and hopes...*

Here goes nothing...

Well, there you have it kids. It took a few days (and set a record for contests held by me) but we have a WINNER.

ALL of those answers were SPOT ON (although I also managed to make the bucket with an angle of 78 degrees!)

Very Very well played, scooter! I was beginning to think no one cared about my little contest, or that maybe it was too hard! :)

Congratulations on an ugly Pressure Cooker! :)

Please drop me a PM with an address so I can get this in the mail to you, ASAP (like as early as tomorrow, or maybe Thursday at the latest!)

thanks for playing!

Actually Stan, it was a little devious just going back an editing your first post...I went a day or two without noticing it at all!! There were some very difficult challenges there Stan...

A couple of highlights for me...

I'd never beaten level 1 of Smurf before...now I've gone through L. 3...

It took a while, but I can beat the first 10 levels of Solar Fox on 1 life again...

I've never maxed the score on a level of Ms. Pac-Man...

First time ever to level 17 on HERO!!!

Great contest Stan...

I think the time is coming for me to offer up a contest...I'm not good at that type of thing, but I figure that in the last few weeks, I have won 3 contests here on AA (2 in the last 24 hours!!) and one over at DP...it's soon time that I give back a little...

PM to be sent in just a minute Stan...

Pressure Cooker!!! WOOHOO!!!!!