IGNORED

Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon confirmed

xg4bx

So the precursor to this game was mentioned on a "worst 360 games of all time" thread, but seeing the YouTube video of it ..only makes me want to buy it. Time to earmark this game & check amazon.

Wow it was? Outrageous. Whoever voted for it must not play many games. :cool:

The first game was classic. I even liked the red ant beach and underground levels, to me there was the perfect mix of locations (city, country side, beach, underground etc..) Definitely pick up a copy and play through it S1500. Looks like used copies are <$25 on Amazon.

So the precursor to this game was mentioned on a "worst 360 games of all time" thread, but seeing the YouTube video of it ..only makes me want to buy it. Time to earmark this game & check amazon.

ive seen 2 reviews of this so far, one was an 8, the other an 8.5. i think this one will do pretty well with critics.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/30988/reviews/earth-defence-force-insect-armageddon-review/

http://www.ps3blog.net/2011/07/05/earth-defense-force-review/

edit-heres a review from eurogamer giving it an 8-

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-07-05-earth-defense-force-insect-armageddon-review

so far its the best reviewed "budget" title ive ever seen.

Edited by xg4bx

Oh yeah? I have a copy waiting for me at home. I played a ton of the previous one and I hope I won't be disappointed too badly by the new one. Some of the changes are pretty questionable, I've heard, but development staff have been answering questions on messageboards which is cool.

• 1 month later...

Amazon just ran a lightning deal for the Xbox - PS3 versions of the game priced at $18.99! I enjoyed the first game so I jumped on this one at that price.

Mendon

Missed it! I would have jumped at the chance had I been home and seen this sooner.

• 4 years later...

Ok I know this is an old topic, but I'm finally getting to do what I've wanted to do for years. Have time to sit back and play some games. I have literally 100's of Xbox 360 games I've barely played, or never played. This was one Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon. I also have the next in the series 2025 or something like that. Both were still in the shrink wrap on it. Been playing the last couple days. I remember really enjoying the first game but it's been a long time since I've played it so it's hard to compare them now. It seems to me in the old game you could get drops that would increase shields going forward and basically level up a lot if you kept farming, something that was needed if you wanted to play the game on the hardest setting. This game is more stingy with drops and it appears to be only weapons, like 2 or 3 a level. Depending on what difficulty you play is how far you can level up. Not sure I like that. The game looks great and is still fun to play. Looks like it has online play, maybe co-op. Not sure if the servers are still online. Just curious if there are fans of the series out there, and where they think each one stands. (Progressively better?) If anyone want to try and play co-op. Hit me up on Live.