IGNORED

Interest Check: Atari Bootlegs on Ebay

edintv

There´s a Venezuelan seller who have 2 listingns of Atari bootlegs, and had bids. He's not mention anything about the "Piracy" aspect of the games, I don´t know if the bidders are concious about that or they are going to get a surprise when the shipment arrives.

There´s the listings:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2506934171281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250693417128&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2506934191111?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250693419111&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

My question is: Some collectors are interested in getting that kind of bootlegs? or do you think is a honest mistake of the bidders? if anyone like those, I can get many more titles and very cheap!

Edit:

The first lot of the games had been claimed (ore coming), those pictures are referencial, but the next lot will be very like those. The price at the moment is 5$ each and discounts for bulk. I charge real ship, Example 30$ for 20 games, standard mail (normally a month, can take more). for Expres i need to check is 10 to 12 business days.

I posted pictures of the rest of the games, and you can see 2 sizes of carts.

post-26431-128438367514_thumb.jpg

post-26431-128438379803_thumb.jpg

post-26431-12844677094_thumb.jpg

post-26431-128446780164_thumb.jpg

post-26431-12844678546_thumb.jpg

Edited by edintv

There´s a Venezuelan seller who have 2 listingns of Atari bootlegs, and had bids. He's not mention anything about the "Piracy" aspect of the games, I don´t know if the bidders are concious about that or they are going to get a surprise when the shipment arrives.

There´s the listings:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2506934171281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250693417128&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2506934191111?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250693419111&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

My question is: Some collectors are interested in getting that kind of bootlegs? or do you think is a honest mistake of the bidders? if anyone like those, I can get many more titles and very cheap!

Cheers..

I have never seen these before! There awesome! :D

There´s the listings:

Cheers..

I have never seen these before! They're awesome! :D

Well, I hear offers until i put prices, there´s the list who i got, all new and never used some very nice condition, others are a little crushed. some have a "manual" just a one sheet panflet:

Normandy Landing

Popeye (Box in bad shape)

Pitfall

Demond Attack (notice the bad spelling9

Cross force

Spider

Donkey Kong

Enduro

Chess

Pac-Man

Bowling

Little Bear

Glutton

Grand Prix

Pele's Soccer

Fox & pig

Beany Bopper

Tank Mission

Mr. Postman

Pinball

Fishing

Mission 3000 AD

River Raid (Colecovision)

Pm me if you are interested, maybe more titlis are coming..

Cheers,

Ed.

I am interested in the games that were PAL-only until companies like this released some in NTSC format. Mr. Postman is a good example, but I have this one already.

Does anyone have a complete list that were not knock-offs of other NTSC games? For example, I would not be interested in Fox and Pig as it is a bootleg of Oink.

If you are really keen I guess you could go through atarimania's list http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-2600-vcs-taiwan-cooper-black_publisher_2417_2_G.html and by examining the description details 'other versions with the same title' and 'other versions with a different title' - check them one by one to see if they have a ntsc release.

They look pretty cool, but whenever I see something come from Venezuela I wonder if there are another 1,000 or so waiting to be sold.

Sometimes some that´s true, sometimes not. is true that There´s more of this titles. I´m honest with everyone, I had worked out the price: 5$ each, descount for bulk, real shipping charged (example: 20 games is 30$). I don´t think i´m charging too much, is based on the price i get.

Cheers,

Ed.

I made a purchase with this guy..as long as all goes well, this might be a great chance to get some nice taiwan type games?

Will update as they arrive.....thanks again! icon_shades.gificon_thumbsup.gif

Well, if you want taiwan games, there's also nes, snes, sega genesis games, evan a nes game Assembled locally, don´t remember the title. also an assembled locally Famicon (parts from taiwan), but not new, is used.

If there are some interrest, i´ll buy a lot and post..

And I think a couple of Coleco titles could show up later...

I am interested in the games that were PAL-only until companies like this released some in NTSC format. Mr. Postman is a good example, but I have this one already.

Does anyone have a complete list that were not knock-offs of other NTSC games? For example, I would not be interested in Fox and Pig as it is a bootleg of Oink.

If you are really keen I guess you could go through atarimania's list http://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-2600-vcs-taiwan-cooper-black_publisher_2417_2_G.html and by examining the description details 'other versions with the same title' and 'other versions with a different title' - check them one by one to see if they have a ntsc release.

I felt keen this morning. :)

All but two are knock-offs of other already released NTSC games.

Beany Bopper -> Beany Bopper

Bowling -> Bowling

Chess -> Othello

Cross Force -> Cross Force

Demond Attack -> Condor Attack or Vulture Attack

Donkey Kong -> Donkey Kong

Enduro -> Enduro

Fishing -> Fishing Derby

Fox & pig -> Oink

Glutton -> Fast Food

Grand Prix -> Grand Prix

Little Bear -> Frostbite

Mission 3000 AD -> was a PAL only

Mr. Postman -> was a PAL only

Normandy Landing -> Commando Raid

Pele's Soccer -> Pele's Soccer

Pinball -> Video Pinball

Pitfall -> Pitfall

Popeye -> Popeye

River Raid -> River Raid

Spider -> Spacemaster X-7

Tank Mission -> Thunderground

• 1 month later...

Just received a set of ten of them from Venezuela

Beany Bopper, Chess, Fishing, Fox & pig, Glutton, Little Bear, Normandy Landing, Pitfall, Mr. Postman and Spider. They look very cool to me!

Hi,

You are the one to Win the auctions of "chevyfrank" on ebay?

Greetings..

Yes, is that you?

Beany Bopper, Chess, Fishing, Fox & pig, Glutton, Little Bear, Normandy Landing, Pitfall, Mr. Postman and Spider. They look very cool to me!

Hi,

Greetings..

Yes, is that you?

Hi,

Greetings..

No, is a guy I know. I used to buy stuff from him, but when he start to sell on ebay, he don´t even pick up my calls.. ;)

I've also bought from buysellven some C64 & Atari sealed games, and that's all my knowledge of the Atari market in Venezuela. The games that have arrived are gorgeous!

Yes, is that you?

Hi,

Greetings..

No, is a guy I know. I used to buy stuff from him, but when he start to sell on ebay, he don´t even pick up my calls.. ;)

• 1 month later...

They look pretty cool, but whenever I see something come from Venezuela I wonder if there are another 1,000 or so waiting to be sold.

True that. I would be wary of buying anything with a rarity of 7 or better that they have in stock. They may have enough of them to push the rarity down 2 or more levels and then you're stuck with a common when you thought you were getting a rare, like Ikari Warriors and Motorodeo. Some people are still trying to get the extremely rare prices for them but it's too late because they are R5's at best now and may be even more common than that by the time they empty the warehouse. I'd hold off on buying anything rare that they are currently selling from any seller until then because the price will bottom out.

Edited by OldAtarian