IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped Round 4: Breakout 2000

Austin

Atari Jaguar High Score Club Revamped ROUND 4: BREAKOUT 2000!

Now that this is over, feel free to head over to Round 5, Zool 2!

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/170059-jaguar-hsc-revamped-round-4-zool-2/#entry2103557

Final high scores for Breakout 2000:

The_Laird - 25,525 +11pts

Gaztee - 22,465 +10pts

Hyper_Eye - 22,021 +9pts

Orpheuswaking - 18,725 +8pts

doctorclu - 14,495 +7pts

lexlothar - 11,936 +6pts

The Jaguar HSC rankings as of this round's end:

3. The_Laird - 32pts

1. Austin - 31pts

4. orpheuswaking - 29pts

5. Hyper_Eye - 29pts

2. Boog - 23pts

6. Kgenthe - 19pts

9. Gaztee - 16pts

8. Lexlothar - 13pts

7. Tyrant - 8pts

10.Doctorclu - 7pts

11.Roadrunner - 1pt

The competition officially starts on Sunday, September 12th, 2010, and the final time to get your scores in will be on Sunday, September 26th, 2010.

RULES/DIRECTIONS:

Choose "Breakout 2000" mode, "NORMAL" skill level, pick your paddle speed setting of choice, then have a go at it until you lose. Post your score here when you're finished. ;)

If you are not familiar with the new Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/166522-new-jaguar-hsc-rules-updated-7242010/

It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. :)

Some tips to keep in mind before you get started!

- Hit the ball. Don't miss.

Anyways, let's get this one rolling! Have fun!

Indeed. Maybe we need to introduce some kind of alternative for when a majority of players don't have the game.

Hm.. Not sure about how we would incorporate something like that.. I'll have to think about it.

Regarding Breakout, we did have five votes.. So, theoretically, we should at least have five players. We'll see how it goes..

Still no word on an official ROM though. So much for using emulation in this round.. :(

I've an idea to boost the number of players in this competition, & to draw attention to the HSC in general! Have to ask the Laird first, but why don't they have this running at JFUK retro X?? The Laird could update scores over the weekend (if there is wifi?) Or just stick them on at some point before the close of play??

Just a thought?? :twisted:

• Like 1

I've an idea to boost the number of players in this competition, & to draw attention to the HSC in general! Have to ask the Laird first, but why don't they have this running at JFUK retro X?? The Laird could update scores over the weekend (if there is wifi?) Or just stick them on at some point before the close of play??

Good idea, it's the only way I could submit a score, not having the game or an alpine/flash cart big enough for it.

• Like 1

That's cool with me. Would make things interesting, too. This competition will be running through JFUK, correct? I'll send Laird a message.

This score contest inspired me to try something I've been meaning to try for a while: Making a rotary-like controller, or a ROCKER CONTROLLER, for Breakout 2K. Tonight, while I was not able to make a better score than the one I already did, I was able to make the controller, and little video about how it was made:

The controller shown in this video does not use rotary, but a rocker switch used on a music keyboard to control pitch. When all was said and done, the controller at least felt more like a rotary/paddle controller.

post-4709-128550318868_thumb.jpg

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

The controller shown in this video does not use rotary, but a rocker switch used on a music keyboard to control pitch. When all was said and done, the controller at least felt more like a rotary/paddle controller.

Nice one! :)

Thanks! Finally beat my own score... 14,495

post-4709-128551470538_thumb.jpg

• Like 1