IGNORED

Halo Reach

moycon

I've played through a little of the campaign. It's Halo. If you like Halo then you'll like it. If you don't like Halo then you won't.

After playing some more I'd say if you liked the 1st halo, you'll like this one. I know that 2,3 and ODST weren't to everyone's liking.

I thought I would add that there is a free premium Halo theme available from XBL that you might want to check out. I really like it and am using it as my theme of choice.

I tried Reach out yesterday for the first time. Played thru the first part of the campaign (The Radio Transmitter) and enjoyed it. It was pure Halo with exceptional graphic's.

My son came over later and while he knows I rarely play FPS's online because I suck so bad at them, he talked me into trying a couple Free For All's. The first two games were some kind of race on an ATV of some sort (shows how much Halo I play when I don't know the name of a vehicle :) ) and after learning how to "sort of " control the ATV, I came in 3rd on the first race and 1st on the 2nd race.

Then I played some kind of game (again, showing my Halo knowledge) where the object was to grab a skull and run around with it as long as you could while everyone else tried to kill you and grab the skull. I was totally lost and in last place for quite some time before I began to get the hang of it and finished 4th.

Next match was Zombie themed (does every game have Zombie nowadays??) and the first two maps were fun as hell with the action fast and furious. The 3rd map...... I started out as a Zombie and the humans gathered in one room that the only access to was via a flight of stairs up either side of the room. The humans never left the room and just picked us off as we gave try after try up the stairs to get into the room. Boring.

Finally I got into a straight up Free For All match and the frog-hopping Halo vet's handed me my butt constantly. I flipped the controller to my son who managed to raise me from last place to 3rd and grab a couple promotions/Achievements in the process.

So far, I'm having a blast with Reach and look forward to trying my first Firefight co-op match.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

What sarcasm?

er...anyhow.

I played halo again last night. Thought I beat it, got Keys the hologram tube thing and the ship took off. It played the credits and I was thinking the game was a decent length (seemed longer than 3 to me)

At the end, you get to play some more, but eh, I had to work in the morning so I don't know what else you do, just you got to play after the credits, instead of the typical short video after the credits. I guess the covenant haven't glassed the planet yet, so you get to run around until you fry. :P I should have known, what? No epic running of the warthog to the ship? :P

Anyhow, the games cool over all.

I was thinking of getting a live account, but apparently I can't. It says my Email already has a name attached to it, but dumbass won't tell me what it is. It's my friggin email, I want to use it damnit. But then, maybe I should do what everybody else does and just put a random email in there. :ponder: Heh, oh well, the whole live experience sucked 8 years ago too, I doubt it's any better now.

At the end, you get to play some more, but eh, I had to work in the morning so I don't know what else you do, just you got to play after the credits, instead of the typical short video after the credits. I guess the covenant haven't glassed the planet yet, so you get to run around until you fry. :P I should have known, what? No epic running of the warthog to the ship? :P

Yeeeaaaahh.. I hope that doesn't spoil anything. I'm only at Chapter 3 right now.. :ponder:

Yeeeaaaahh.. I hope that doesn't spoil anything. I'm only at Chapter 3 right now.. :ponder:

It's not a huge spoiler, the game was based on a novel that's been out for awhile. Though I'm sure that doesn't help if you haven't read it. Honestly this game doesn't have much in terms of twists to spoil since it's a prequel, there's some nice fan service though.

Well, I finely got my live thing sorted out. Turns out I'm the douche that assigned me a live user name, probably something I had to do to send my broken Xbox in to Microsoft or something.

Anyhow, been play8ing on live. It's not as bad as the early years, or maybe it's that the game is so much better than Halo2 2as or something. And...well....I still totally suck, but I'm not dead (literally) last all the time, so perhaps I shouldn't complain to much.

One thing I want to know, is the speaker Icon supposed to be lit all the time? I seem to remember it was supposed to dissappear when you stopped talking. Even with it set to mute, it still is lit. So no mic for me right now, maybe it, or the controller is busted....thought I'd ask here first.

Oops, sorry about that, eh...how do you do a spoiler? I looked at the time when I posted that and like an idiot, when I didn't find it, I posted anyways. Do you just put spoiler in the square brackets, like bold or italics?

Anyhow, sorry if that ruined it for anyone :P You can kick my ass on live :lol:

Edited by Video

LOL did people loose interest already, or are they all on live now kicking each others arses?

Great game, I just finished the game on normal, and am now on Heroic...is it just me, or is each Halo game getting progressively harder than the previous ones? I mean, I had no problems with the first game, even on legendary, the second game was a bit difficult on legendary, but 3...I don't know if I ever even finished it on legendary, and this game, it's like playing the second game on Legendary already, and I still haven't started legendary yet :lol: :x :lol:

Just started firefight last night too, one of my friends toldme to try it, and I was just "Ohkay god damn it, I hate firefight, it sucked on ODST and it will suck here too" Well, i was totally wrong about that. You got lots of levels to choose from, and the enemies are better grouped on here, or maybe it's just that you have more than the one relatively poorly designed stage to play on like ODST. Anyhow, haven't finished all them yet, but I think I managed to make it to the third wave before dying that last time (the wave where they take away your Radar) I may have gotten farther, but eh, I think they decided I was looting to many fuel rod guns and keeping myself to well defended, so the enemies started making me come after them, and yeah, I died, a lot.

Still playing the online matchmaking thing, that's a blast. And yep, my controller's audio port is dead, or messed up. I tried with a different controller, and it worked fine, but I want to play with mine, cause it's uh...well...mine, and it's well broken in. :P Oh well, I doubt I'd talk much anyways.

Anyhow, awesome game, I think this one will stick around for 10 years, just like Halo did for me. Easily the second best of the series, and potentially the best. Anyhow, siezure L8R

Great game, I just finished the game on normal, and am now on Heroic...is it just me, or is each Halo game getting progressively harder than the previous ones? I mean, I had no problems with the first game, even on legendary, the second game was a bit difficult on legendary, but 3...I don't know if I ever even finished it on legendary, and this game, it's like playing the second game on Legendary already, and I still haven't started legendary yet :lol: :x :lol:

I still haven't played ODST, but I did finish Halo 3 on normal. To me, the difference between H3 and Reach is the sheer number of enemies you face in each battle: Reach seems to throw an entire battalion into each situation, where in H3 you only faced a squad.

Plus there are a couple new enemies that I don't remember facing before and they are tough. One of them is the Mgalekgolo.... I just did the Tip of the Spear: Hand Over Fist mission where in one part you have to take out two AA guns and at the second one, there were a couple of these bad boys defending it (the 2nd time I've faced them). I was in a Ghost and emptied hundreds of shots into them and they still kept coming. Finally got lucky and was able to swing around behind them and get some clean shots. Tough, they be.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

I finished it on heroic last week, and on legendary today. The AI has definitely been ramped up in this game, making it much more difficult. Also, enemies take more hits than before. Sniping is your friend (mainly with the battle rifle and the pistol), and the plasma pistol + a headshot on the elites is the name of the game! :)