IGNORED

I was wrong about Kinect

xg4bx

Project Draco (Grounding, Microsoft Game Studios). The director of the cult hits “Phantom Dust” and “Panzer Dragoon,” game director Yukio Futatsugi, brings you an epic 3-D flying shooter. With the magic of Kinect for Xbox 360, you will be able to nurture and learn to communicate with your dragon as you develop its skills and train it as a partner in combat. Then join friends on Xbox LIVE to feel the rush of flight as you take to the skies together and experience breathtaking vistas and engage in thrilling battles.

codename D (Grasshopper Manufacture, Microsoft Game Studios). From the famed markers of “killer7” and the “NO MORE HEROES” series comes “codename D” from SUDA 51 for Microsoft Game Studios. You must fight for your life to survive an evil amusement park filled with twisted and eerie creatures. With “codename D” for Kinect for Xbox 360, you are the controller as you unleash devastating effects to destroy enemies and objects.

Rise of Nightmares (SEGA). “Rise of Nightmares” offers a spine-tingling horror experience that uses the innovative new controls of Kinect for Xbox 360 to give players the ultimate fright. Using their whole body, players will experience fear and tension as never before in this exclusive Kinect horror adventure.

http://blog.gamaganda.net/2010/09/16/microsoft-tgs-2010-titles/

I was wrong. I really want to play these, along with Steel Battalion which I mentioned in my other topic.

kinect lost before it started.. ~ revolutionika

I predict, and hope, that it will be a huge failure. ~ Hyper_Eye

I just don't see it working. ~ Lord Helmet

Wow that sucks. ~ moyocon

this is too much fail. ~xg4bx

I honestly do think the Kinect is pretty useless ~ DaytonaUSA

I'm not particularly excited about Kinect, and I can honestly see both it and Sony's Move failing miserably. ~ Karyyk

It's a stupid, unnecessary panic move on both sides and it WILL fail. ~ liveinabin

mwahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!111!!! I've been waiting so long to post those! :evil:

• Like 2

Well, remember, it's not quiet out yet :P Good names on a trash game are still going to equal a trash game.

I hope it will do good, and do see the potential in it, especially since it's attached to a console so the original console can still have real games that use real controllers for the rest of us. But then, those people probably wouldn't buy the thing, and probably don't own a wii either.

I got a wii, and idmittedly, it's sat in the closet since last year, I played it a month, "wow, look I can wave the controller around and the game does stuff" But that got old real fast. The number one thing I wanted the wii for was gun games, and it doesn't work, it's basically a overly complicated analog stick, and i"d honestly rather just play with an analog stick if I'm not physically aiming at anything on the screen.

Anyhow, I predit a Viva Pinata game in the near future for thye thing, if one hasn't already been announced :P Hey, I like virtual pets :P

I'm not particularly excited about Kinect, and I can honestly see both it and Sony's Move failing miserably. ~ Karyyk

It's a stupid, unnecessary panic move on both sides and it WILL fail. ~ liveinabin

I gave you a +1 for the laugh. Unlike most fan(boy)s out there, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong :P I won't run out and get one on release but if these games look to be decent, I'll buy a Kinect.

lol! sweet,i am the first quote. and yes i still think xbox can suck my kinectimal

I don't know why some people have to be haters. :roll:

I hope kinect is great, just like I hope the ps3 move is great and Nintendo comes out with something equally great. That would mean more great games for us. There's never too many great games in my opinion...

im sorry hypnotoad no wait...no....sorr.................:skull:

I don't know why some people have to be haters. :roll:

I hope kinect is great, just like I hope the ps3 move is great and Nintendo comes out with something equally great. That would mean more great games for us. There's never too many great games in my opinion...

Maybe some of us fear the further ruin of an industry that is already riding a bullet train to destruction?

Maybe some of us fear the further ruin of an industry that is already riding a bullet train to destruction?

And others recognize a polished turd when they see it. I'll wait and pick up a Kinect and a Move when they are $29.99 in the bargain bin. My guess is it'll be around this time next year. :cool:

And others recognize a polished turd when they see it. I'll wait and pick up a Kinect and a Move when they are $29.99 in the bargain bin. My guess is it'll be around this time next year. :cool:

Wow, hell has frozen over. moycon being anything other than insanely positive about modern gaming, new online charges for used games, not defending all sorts of cash grabbing techniques, etc. This is a landmark day. moycon, WTH happened to make you post that?

moycon, WTH happened to make you post that?

Not sure I follow.

I simply am willing to spend $$$ on things that make me the most happy.

Kinda like when you go buy a cheeseburger from somewhere and the guy behind the counter grabs your $5 cash and you don't think twice about it, even tho you have nothing to show for it the next day. That's me and video games, I don't think twice about spending cash on things I get enjoyment from, not unlike your cheeseburger. Except the next day I can still play my $5 game. I mean I guess you could play with your cheeseburger the next day, but that would be really gross. :woozy:

I like video games so I usually talk positive about them I guess. I don't see the difference between a guy from a burger joint taking my $$$, or a video game producer taking my $$$.

That said. The Kinect and Move look like HD versions of the Wii to me. My Wii mostly collects dust as it is. That's why I'm not super excited about either. I can wait for the 75% off tags. Then I won't feel so bad when they collect dust. ;)

• Like 2

Well the move is just an HD Wii and the kinect is just strange in my opinion. That doesn't mean I hope they fail anymore than it means I'm going to run out and buy one on launch day. I'm just saying I dot get the fact that people are hating something before it's even out. I'm not even a big fan of the Wii either, it is by far my least used system. But I have had fun with it.

Actually I have some hope for the move because I really like light gun games and in the HD age they don't work any more. Please don't mention the Wii light guns, they are an epic fail IMO. If the move is as accurate as I hear I have hope for HD light gun games in the future.

The kinect on the other hand just seems weird to me. But in a way I think it's going to be a glimpse of the future. Someday there are going to be those games we've seen in SF movies that are played without controllers. I think those games are still years away and the kinect is too primitive to do this, but really someone has to be first in this direction. I don't see it working but I don't hope it fails either. But I could be wrong....

Let me first state that I went to PAX and got to see the Kinnect there in all its glory. Needless to say that I was not impressed at all. Games make a system(or add on) great, combined with value. Consumers see through gimmicks, especially these days. Kinnect is nothing more than Microsofts attempt to steal from the Wii casual gamer fanbase, pure and simple. I have not been impressed with the initial launch of games. Combined with the high price of $150, I am going to spend that money on games that I know I will play. I predict that this will be one of the bigger flops this year.

Despite whatever I might think personally of motion games, I'm really not convinced that price point..... $150 Kinect, $100 Move...... will be that big a factor in determining the success or failure of these add-on's. After all, people have already shown that they are more than willing to pay hundreds of dollars for plastic guitar's, drum sets, and turntables along with buying the games and song DLC's for them.

In the end, if the games are really good, I think people will be willing to buy these add-on's.

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

Why would you hope its a failure? If it ends up being fun and successful...what's wrong with that? I'm all for fun new games and new ways to play them.

I'm skeptical of Kinnect...but I hope its great.

I have explained before why I hope it fails. I don't care for this kind of gimmicky crap. I don't think it is fun. I think these sorts of things tend to be clunky and frustrating. Just an example is Nintendogs. I tell my son not to bother teaching the dog voice commands because it is simply a frustrating pain in the ass. If these things are successful MS and Sony will begin to push developers to start considering these peripherals when making games that have no business using them. Anyone who has played an FPS (not on rails) on Wii knows what the problem is. If they were to strictly stick to the casual market with these things and keep the games that warrant a real controller off of it I wouldn't have a problem. But we can already see where it is leading before it has even come out. Steel Battalion is announced for this controller and I will be astounded if the control doesn't suck terribly and make you look like a complete moron while playing it. I think it is a terrible idea and when a terrible idea has the potential to change something that I greatly enjoy for the worse I hope for it to be a flop, a failure, DOA. So I will say it once more... I hope Kinect fails. I hope Move fails. I hope we can get beyond this gimmicky period of gaming as quickly as possible.