IGNORED

Best 360 RTS game for newbie

rxd

I have never played a RTS game in my life and really have no idea how to either. But I keep hearing good things about them and would like to learn to play them on my 360. Not really interested in pc gaming so please no pc suggestions no matter how good. Just looking for a good 360 RTS game that's easy for a complete newbie to pick up and play and get the feel of how RTS games work. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Well Civilization Revolution is a Turn-Based Strategy, not an RTS. Strategy without a timer, I prefer those. The actual RTS on the system that I can think of off the top of my head are of course Halo Wars, and then there's Command & Conquer generals, Tom Clancy's Endwar, and there's a Warhammer one I think.

Well Civilization Revolution is a Turn-Based Strategy, not an RTS.

Can't argue with that.

My bad for bringing it up. (such a kick ass game)

Actually I didn't even know there was a such a thing as a turn based strategy game. I'd gladly take suggestions on these games also. Trying to get more into the whole strategy type thing. I used to like those type of board games when I was a kid but never played any strategy type video games. Growing up playing video games in the arcades in the 70's and 80's I've always played similar games. Never made the leap to strategy games...

Well Civilization Revolution is a Turn-Based Strategy, not an RTS. Strategy without a timer, I prefer those. The actual RTS on the system that I can think of off the top of my head are of course Halo Wars, and then there's Command & Conquer generals, Tom Clancy's Endwar, and there's a Warhammer one I think.

Endwar is okay. Its biggest selling point was the voice commands and the "general's view" of the action. Unfortunately it got pretty repetitive pretty quickly.

Because of the limited unit types in the game and, to some extent, its control system it's pretty easy to get into.

Well Civilization Revolution is a Turn-Based Strategy, not an RTS.

Can't argue with that.

My bad for bringing it up. (such a kick ass game)

Actually I didn't even know there was a such a thing as a turn based strategy game. I'd gladly take suggestions on these games also. Trying to get more into the whole strategy type thing. I used to like those type of board games when I was a kid but never played any strategy type video games. Growing up playing video games in the arcades in the 70's and 80's I've always played similar games. Never made the leap to strategy games...

If you got a gameboy, get Advance Wars, (there's 4 I think) One of the best ones IMO and not overly compicated or hard. Also Mech Platoon. If you got a PSP, Field Commander is good, though a bit buggy (or maybe it's just for me :P ) For consoles, FireEmblem for Gamecube and Wii. I don't know of any TBS games ffor the 360 though.

Edited by Video

If you got a gameboy, get Advance Wars, (there's 4 I think) One of the best ones IMO and not overly compicated or hard. Also Mech Platoon. If you got a PSP, Field Commander is good, though a bit buggy (or maybe it's just for me :P ) For consoles, FireEmblem for Gamecube and Wii. I don't know of any TBS games ffor the 360 though.

I'll definitely agree with Advance Wars, Advance Wars dual strike for the DS is probably the best in the series. Addicting gameplay and it's a lot more strategic than you'd think by looking at them. And yes, there are 4 total.