IGNORED

Season 4 Round 8 *Mr. Chin*

Mister VCS

Clad in Chinese clothes and wearing a Chaplin moustache, our hero, Mr. Chin, China's proud plate-spinner hustles onto the stage! Five or six plates are kids stuff. How many plates can you make him spin even with interference from rascals? You will receive a standing ovation if you turn all the plates. A thrilling yet comical game sure to attract your heart!

post-98-128539799379_thumb.png post-98-128539806999_thumb.jpg post-98-128539809102_thumb.jpg

Game Information

Game Name: Mr. Chin
Released by: CollectorVision, 2008 (Homebrew Game)

Original game by: HAL Laboratory, 1984
TwinGalaxies High Score: 52,700 by Tom Duncan
Settings: Skill level 1 - 1 Player

Contest ends on

Saturday, 10-09-2010 at 1:00 AM eastern.

Quick-Start-Bonus-Info and HSC rules

Current High Scores

1. ColecoDan 85,500 [+10]

2. Ms. Do 63,100 [+9]

3. duncantoml 62,900 [+8]

4. Yurkie 62,800 [+6]

5. ten-four 33,100 [+4]

6. RangerG 27,500 [+2]

7. ed1475 19,400 [+1]

Leaderboard

1. duncantoml (7) [77 points] 4 1
  2. ColecoDan (6) [56] 2
  3. ed1475 (7) [38] 1
  4. Yurkie (5) [28] 1
  5. roadrunner (7) [19]
  6. Ms. Do (3), atariron82 (4) [17]
  7. Mister VCS (4), RangerG (7) [16]
  8. patbb (6) [15]
  9. purenergy (3) [5]
  10. ten-four (1) [4]
  11. JEFF31 (1), LaserHawk (1) [1]

Edited by Mister VCS

Is there a rom available somewhere?

thanks

I don't think the rom is avaiable...unless you bought the SD multi-cart.

It was released as a homebrew CIB, and the rom was given as a free bonus with Atarimax's SD multi-cart. I have the SD multi-cart, but can't figure out how to play it.

The manual is real vague and doesn't say anything about how to get a plate up on a pole or how to spin it.

Could someone please explain how the game is played?

thanks

It was released as a homebrew CIB, and the rom was given as a free bonus with Atarimax's SD multi-cart. I have the SD multi-cart, but can't figure out how to play it.

The manual is real vague and doesn't say anything about how to get a plate up on a pole or how to spin it.

Go to either edge of the screen (where the old hag pops out) and you will pick up a plate for the stack (looks like a rectngular box). Once you have the plate, climb up a pole to place the plate on top of it. To spin the plate you must climb to the top of a pole, press "UP" on the controller and release and then press "UP" again if you feel the need to spin the plate some more.

When walking/running on the floor, the fire button allows you to jump and pressing "DOWN" allows you to duck.

Might have to go for the record on this one! :)

Edited by NIAD
  • Like 1

thanks

Go to either edge of the screen (where the old hag pops out) and you will pick up a plate for the stack (looks like a rectngular box). Once you have the plate, climb up a pole to place the plate on top of it. To spin the plate you must climb to the top of a pole, press "UP" on the controller and release and then press "UP" again if you feel the need to spin the plate some more.

When walking/running on the floor, the fire button allows you to jump and pressing "DOWN" allows you to duck.

Might have to go for the record on this one! :)

Thanks a Million Jim! +1

The text manual I have for this game sucks. I got a plate, but was at a loss for putting it on the pole or spinning it.

Some tactics to remember:

-You can jump or avoid the plates by climbing a pole. Plates will drop through the hole made when a pole rises through the platform, so watch out if you are below

-Knives are thrown either high or low - high knives can be ducked, low knives you must jump or avoid

-Since you never know if the guy on the end will attack, be ready any time you see him ;) On higher levels there is a greater chance of both appearing on your level and attacking.

Plates spin at a consistent speed, so hitting up more than once is good for effect but doesn't have any effect on the gameplay. You can do this to reset a wobbly plate if you get to it in time. It is impossible on higher levels to get them all in one life, but the best strategies for best score aren't determined yet. ;)