IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 8: Zoo Keeper

VectorGamer

Zoo Keeper

You control Zeke the zookeeper who must rescue his girlfriend Zelda from the Zoo. There are four levels or "adventures". Each level has its own task such as trapping the animals in the zoo, jumping ledges up the screen and jumping animals to earn a bonus keeper.

Game Information

Game Name: Zoo Keeper [set 1]

Released By: Taito, 1982

MAME ROMset: zookeep

Dip Switches: Internal Defaults

Chosen By: roadrunner

ROM Location: http://romhustler.net/download/mame/6023

AtariAge Arcade/M.A.M.E. HSC World Record: 151,440 darthkur

Note: Please limit the time spent on the coconut stage to under 60 seconds to curb point scabbing.

Competition ends Sunday, October 3 @ 12PM EDT

Leaderboard

1. 345,400 patbb

2. 264,710 rmaerz

3. 84,230 LarcenTyler

4. 69,120 roadrunner

5. 55,920 FlyingTurtle

6. 32,980 ClassicGMR

Season Standings

Calculations through week 7

1. patbb 296

2. rmaerz 274

3. roadrunner 220

4. LarcenTyler 175

5. ClassicGMR 88

6. FlyingTurtle 38

7. Dr Galaga 30

8. 4Ks 18

9. HatefulGravey 12

10. Mister VCS 6

Edited by rmaerz

Interesting slow week...I figured people would be all over Zoo Keeper...I see only 3 people participated the last time Zoo Keeper was the game of the week...

Which makes me ask: why the low turnout for the Arcade/MAME HSC? Is it the audience on this site? People not having adequate controllers to play the games?

Edited by rmaerz

Well, I feel that I've maximized the number of points on the first two screens of this game. I've got a whole bunch of jumps nailed down but my chances of not losing a life on the coconut screens is only about 25%.

Question: How the heck is it possible to get past the "Earn a bonus Zoo Keeper" screen? There's like 12 animals in a row to jump over...

I've tried downloading an INP file from MARP but of course it doesn't work. I don't even know while I bother with that site. Does anyone know if someone has a game play video online? I've found one video online but the person playing it sucks.

Well, I feel that I've maximized the number of points on the first two screens of this game. I've got a whole bunch of jumps nailed down but my chances of not losing a life on the coconut screens is only about 25%.

Question: How the heck is it possible to get past the "Earn a bonus Zoo Keeper" screen? There's like 12 animals in a row to jump over...

That's as far as i get too. :(

I've tried downloading an INP file from MARP but of course it doesn't work. I don't even know while I bother with that site. Does anyone know if someone has a game play video online? I've found one video online but the person playing it sucks.

Is this the video you watched? He used to play this all the time too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk4GvpDZudc

That wasn't the video I watched. Thanks for posting it because I saw what I needed in order to progress in this game.

Interesting to watch in the video is how the player could have a better score if they would go after points.

After the first screen, I know I should have around 3400 points: move clockwise, jump once, get the root beer, clockwise to and grab the next root beer, move counter-clockwise, jump over, grab net, jump over (if I have time), net animal and pick up last root beer.

What I do on the second screen is head clockwise towards the animal and jump over him around the 5 o'clock position. I will immediately move counter-clockwise and jump him again. I will then move counter-clockwise to the next corner, get the clover and jump him two more times. I will do this again at the next corner as well. So, with that I have 100 points per jump plus picking up all the clovers. Then I'll get the net and put 'em all back in the cage.

That wasn't the video I watched. Thanks for posting it because I saw what I needed in order to progress in this game.

Interesting to watch in the video is how the player could have a better score if they would go after points.

After the first screen, I know I should have around 3400 points: move clockwise, jump once, get the root beer, clockwise to and grab the next root beer, move counter-clockwise, jump over, grab net, jump over (if I have time), net animal and pick up last root beer.

What I do on the second screen is head clockwise towards the animal and jump over him around the 5 o'clock position. I will immediately move counter-clockwise and jump him again. I will then move counter-clockwise to the next corner, get the clover and jump him two more times. I will do this again at the next corner as well. So, with that I have 100 points per jump plus picking up all the clovers. Then I'll get the net and put 'em all back in the cage.

Cool, glad that video helped you. :)

I still need to do better on the coconut screens - I lose too many lives...I did make it past the first escalator but died trying to get up the second.

That's a lot a points for not crossing the "elevators" level.

I was successfully past this level on the score I posted yesterday.

You don't have to jump over all the animals that are getting out the cage.

As soon as you're close enough just jump in the elevator without touching the cage.

If somebody can help me with the problem I posted, I'll upload an INP using WolfMame106.