2. Sauron - 116,815 +10

3. Hyper_Eye - 107,600 +9

4. Kgenthe - 100,260 +8

5. The_Laird - 77,965 +7

6. Doctorclu - 68,765 +6

7. Gaztee - 40,800 +5

8. Boog - 39,210 +4

9. Orpheuswaking - 10,500 +3

Kevincal - 162,925 +1 participation point (Score submitted November 2010)

GKC - 111650 +1 participation point (Score submitted November 2010)

The current Jaguar HSC rankings as of this round's end:

1. Austin - 42pts

2. The_Laird - 39pts

3. Hyper_Eye - 38pts

4. orpheuswaking - 32pts

5. Boog - 27pts

6. Kgenthe - 27pts

7. Gaztee - 21pts

8. Lexlothar - 13pts

9. Doctorclu - 13pts

10.Sauron - 10pts

11.Tyrant - 8pts

12.Roadrunner - 1pt

Atari Jaguar High Score Club Revamped ROUND 5: Zool 2!

Hey guys, I apologize for the late posting on this one. Regardless.. We have Zool 2, the excellent side-scrolling platformer for the Jaguar! This one is chock-full of points, so it should be entertaining to high score. Don't think it will be easy, though! This one gets quite difficult later into the game.. :)

The competition officially started on Sunday, September 26th, 2010, and the final time to get your scores in will be on Sunday, October 10th, 2010.

RULES/DIRECTIONS:

Start a game on the normal difficulty level; Inertia can be on or off; Play as either Zool or Zooz; Go until you game over, then submit your score here.

If you are not familiar with the new Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/166522-new-jaguar-hsc-rules-updated-7242010/

It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. :)

Some tips/notes to keep in mind before you get started!

- Each little piece of candy is worth 10 points, and asides the fact that it's required you get a certain amount, the stages are littered with them, so try not to miss any.

- Gather three bonus character icons to access the Breakout-like mini game to net more points and extra lives

- Shoot walls to discover secret areas full of extra candy pieces, power-ups and bonus icons

- You can hold down the jump button (or up) to continuously jump without repeated button presses.

- Gain air by backflipping off walls! To do so, while on the ground, run towards a wall (holding in its direction) while holding the fire button. Some sections of the game are a little bit easier if you know how to do this (Egypt-themed stage, for instance).

- Press and hold the fire button while in the air to perform your spinning air attack. It's usually best to ALWAYS jump like this, as if you hit an enemy, 9 times out of 10, you will destroy it (Jumping normally and touching an enemy will hurt you). Also, later platforming segments are a little bit easier but jumping in this manner.

- Do NOT jump on enemies that take more than one hit (for instance, the little guys with the shells on their heads on the Swan Lake stage). You will get hurt, period. Shoot them from a distance (Usually the best way to kill anything in this game anyways).

Anyways, let's get this one rolling! Have fun!

So yeah... I've come to the realization, I suck at all of the Jaguar games LOL... But I'll throw a score up soon!

I like some more than others. Actually I've come to realize the Atari 2600 games are ... creative (can't get into most these 2600 games these days, though I appreciate what complex games they made, and the imagination they made us use for a few blocks here and there.) Atari8/5200.. cool, 7800.. awesome... Lynx.. awesome.. Jaguar pretty excellent.

Anyway, Zool 2... no one needs to complain about the Bubster (Bubsy) because at least when the Bubsy knocks out an opponent, they stay gone. Zool2.. they're all back.

Anyway, opening score, 37,030

post-4709-128572911993_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There is so much going on I get lost in the game, I havent even got off the first screen yet LOL

I haven't gotten that far in this game either. In my last play I got stuck on the boss in the second zone. Once you play for a while you start to get a "feel" for the game. Everything moves fast, but you really need to take your time so you don't get hit. It's like a weird Mario/Sonic hybrid.

• Like 1

First time running through this in a VERY long time. Seriously, I think it's been well over a decade since I last took this game for a spin.

The pic even shows "Sauron!!!" to denote this play-through. Could have gotten further than this but decided to waste my last couple of lives thanks to the time. I'll see if I can give this a more thorough play-through later.

post-1210-128626564546_thumb.jpg

• Like 1