IGNORED

Borderlands GAme of the Year

Video

Well, I've been thinking of getting Borderlands Game of the year edition, since it's just around the corner. GEtting it again for $60 and having everything would be cool....

but....

One of my friends said it doesn't actually include anything, except a code to download all the shit for free. WTF??! If there is any truth to this, I will NOT be buying the game. Two reasons, one, I want a GOTY version for the physical content, like all GOTY editions I've gotten so far (that's the reason to wait for GOTY after all, rather, than purchasing the game on release) And two...if I just wanted to download :roll: then I probably would have already done that, and it wouldn't cost as much to do that (since I already got the core game) as it would to buy the damn GOTY version.

Anyhow. They couldn't tell me where thy got the info from, but I was just thinking someone here might be able to point me in the right direction if there is any truth to this. Anyhow, I'm going to go look it up, if it turns out to be bunk I'll be looking for the game later next month, if it's true, then fuck it...I won't be buying.

Well, I've been thinking of getting Borderlands Game of the year edition, since it's just around the corner. GEtting it again for $60 and having everything would be cool....

but....

One of my friends said it doesn't actually include anything, except a code to download all the shit for free. WTF??! If there is any truth to this, I will NOT be buying the game. Two reasons, one, I want a GOTY version for the physical content, like all GOTY editions I've gotten so far (that's the reason to wait for GOTY after all, rather, than purchasing the game on release) And two...if I just wanted to download :roll: then I probably would have already done that, and it wouldn't cost as much to do that (since I already got the core game) as it would to buy the damn GOTY version.

Anyhow. They couldn't tell me where thy got the info from, but I was just thinking someone here might be able to point me in the right direction if there is any truth to this. Anyhow, I'm going to go look it up, if it turns out to be bunk I'll be looking for the game later next month, if it's true, then fuck it...I won't be buying.

LOL....I felt the same way and I heard the PS3 version will have it on disc, or it could be another GOTY game I read about but yes the Xbox 360 version just comes with download codes. Thats the most ridiculous thing I ever heard yet we continue to accept stuff like this. Oh well, I bought the cheap single game (for the PS3) :P

That sucks, I will NOT be buying then. (not all of us "just take it")

I think we need to start a list of GOTY edition's that come with

all the extra's on the Disc!

Fallout 3:GOTY edition <<-- Moycon told me about this one!

everyone should feel free to add to this!!

-rick

Add Oblivion to that list. GOTY (I think there are some minor things not included, but the major expansions are)

User:

"I paid for the content but lost it when my hard drive died... guess I'll just redownload it."

Microsoft

"Sorry, the content is not currently available for download, please try again later"

I have already run into this. This is why you NEVER BUY DOWNLOAD ONLY CONTENT!

I just read somewhere that if you buy the Borderlands GOTY edition you will be able to play a Demo of Duke Nukem Forever

Yeah, I read that on Kotaku. Sigh.....

Not a huge issue but it does sort of PO me because first time purchasers get rewarded for buying this great game, while those of us who bought the game a year ago and continued to support it with purchased DLC's get zilch.

Guess I'll have to take comfort in the fact I've had a year of fun playing one of the better games available.

Mendon

I just read somewhere that if you buy the Borderlands GOTY edition you will be able to play a Demo of Duke Nukem Forever

Yeah, I read that on Kotaku. Sigh.....

Not a huge issue but it does sort of PO me because first time purchasers get rewarded for buying this great game, while those of us who bought the game a year ago and continued to support it with purchased DLC's get zilch.

Guess I'll have to take comfort in the fact I've had a year of fun playing one of the better games available.

Mendon

I know, I just got my copy of Borderlands (single game) only a few weeks ago. Now I feel like I should have waited. I hate that.

Its a fun game, I like the RPG elements and the Mad Max environment.

Also, doesn't it seem like there are too many Game of the Year games? I don't know, maybe it just seems that way to me. I mean what is the criteria for being able to release a GOTY edition?

I actually just purchased the Fallout 3 GOTY edition. I've been wanting that game for a while, but just never had the time to get it. Now, if I ever have time to play it. I also kind of want the Batman Arkham Asylum game. I think that has a GOTY edition, too.

Or, you can buy the GOTY edition of something like, say, Left 4 Dead...only to have them release MORE DLC for it after the fact. Yeah, that's cool. Seriously, I love to play modern stuff, but I so long for the simpler times of the early days, when things such as "pirates" didn't exist in console gaming.

I agree, ti does seem that there are to many GOTY games out, seriously, shouldn't there only be one "game of the year" per...er...year? Maybe one GOTY for each platform, but that's it. This whole GOTY thing is really more like the "greatest hits" or "Platinum hits" or whatever the hell it's called for your console.

It's just asying, "this is the full version with the bugs worked out"...only now, we have to watch out for what we buy and see if it really is the 'full' version or not (I'm sorry, I don't count having all the DLC as...DLC as 'the full version' and never will...mostly due to the fact, as I said in my first post, if I wanted to download it, I would already have it.