IGNORED

ST to VGA (monochrome only) adapter

wood_jl

Hmmm.....how about one of those converter things on ebay that is supposed to make the 15khz or whatever it is signal and make it usable by a VGA monitor? Do those work with the ST?

These

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3501646047251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350164604725&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

RGBS-CV-Product.gif

Can you get a color signal off the ST with it?

At $90 it's a bit pricey for me to get for an experiment that may not work.

Out of everything that is known and tried, go and buy a Supera Color HD as this will give you all the colour and mono options you need. Up until recently they were in stock but you can keep trying, or look elsewhere; they sometimes appear brand new on Ebay. They are always sold on Chinese websites/Ebay shops.

Deal To World - Currently sold out but had them recently

Deal Extreme - Currently sold out and have been for months

Also check out this superb thread here:

How to get the ST/E colour and mono modes working on any computer monitor

Hmmm.....how about one of those converter things on ebay that is supposed to make the 15khz or whatever it is signal and make it usable by a VGA monitor? Do those work with the ST?

These

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3501646047251?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=350164604725&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

RGBS-CV-Product.gif

Can you get a color signal off the ST with it?

At $90 it's a bit pricey for me to get for an experiment that may not work.

If this is the Ambery model, I've got it.

Just summing it up, it works perfect in ST Low rez, 320x200. In ST Med rez, 640x200,

it drops out parts of the text in the letters for some reason, making it somewhat

hard to read. Color seems to be okay. It doesn't do ST High rez, 640x400, AFAICT.

HTHs.

The Supera does not suffer from the medium resolution problem mentioned by DarkLord. My screen photos in the URL links provided in my previous post will illustrate this, plus everything you need to connect from the ST/E to a computer monitor is shown and explained.

Recently I saw a 13-pin DIN plug to SCART plug on the cpc.co.uk site; I am not sure yet how this is wired but at less than £5, it would be significantly cheaper than the ones on Ebay.

cpc.co.uk - PRO SIGNAL - AV12503 - SCART ADAPTOR

Does the Ambery unit have a connection to the ST monitor? How do you connect it to your ST?

Not as such - I had Techie Alison from AtariForums make up a cable for me.

So its ST -> Alison's cable -> Ambery unit -> standard VGA cable to VGA monitor.

HTHs.