IGNORED

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition

Christophero Sly

I'm not sure what to do here. I've haven't picked up Dragon Age yet. I've been meaning to pick up a used copy for some time, which I suspect I can do for ~$20. However, I'm wondering if all the extra content in the upcoming ultimate edition justifies its $60 price. It looks like you'll get Origins, Awakening, and 9 DLC packs.

Will I get the best part of the DA experience by just getting a used copy of Origins, and if I like that, maybe Awakening too, or are there some compelling reasons to have the DLC packs as well? Is the ultimate edition a great value for what you're getting?

I'm not sure what to do here. I've haven't picked up Dragon Age yet. I've been meaning to pick up a used copy for some time, which I suspect I can do for ~$20. However, I'm wondering if all the extra content in the upcoming ultimate edition justifies its $60 price. It looks like you'll get Origins, Awakening, and 9 DLC packs.

Will I get the best part of the DA experience by just getting a used copy of Origins, and if I like that, maybe Awakening too, or are there some compelling reasons to have the DLC packs as well? Is the ultimate edition a great value for what you're getting?

Kotaku mentioned that if you were to buy it all separately it'd have cost about $114 dollars. I just consider the Ultimate Edition the finished game. The stuff before that was just beta that everyone paid to play early. :P

But then I tend to feel just about everything this gen is just "beta-ware".

I have DA:O Ultimate Edition with the map and downloads. I'm playing a male archer\ranger type.

Its one of the best RPG's this generation hands down.

I am also getting this right NOW:

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/info/order/

Dragon Age II BioWare Signature Edition FAQ

1. If I already Pre-ordered Dragon Age 2, will I be upgraded to the BioWare Signature Edition?

YES! Anyone who has previously pre-ordered with the retailers listed below should be included in this offer, but ultimately this is up to the retailers, so please check with them directly.

2. What retailers will be offering the BioWare Signature Edition?

The Dragon Age II BioWare Signature will be available at Gamestop, Amazon, Electronics Boutique, and the EA store on October 14th. Other retailers will be following suit and we will offer an updated list at a later time.

3. Will the BioWare Signature Edition be available in Europe and other regions?

Yes! In Europe, the BioWare Signature Edition will be available in the following territories

* UK

* France

* Russia

* Italy

* Germany

* Poland

* Spain

* Hungary

* Slovakia

* Czech Republic

* South Africa

* Sweden

* Denmark

* Norway

* Finland

* New Zealand

* Australia

3. How long will the BioWare Signature Edition be available?

The BioWare Signature Edition will be available until January 11th, 2011. After that date, you can no longer order the BioWare Signature Edition of Dragon Age II.

5. How do I ensure I get the BioWare Signature Edition?

Pre-order Dragon Age II at one of the participating retailers listed above before January 11th, 2011 and you will be automatically upgraded to the BioWare Signature Edition.

6. Will I be able to get the BioWare Signature Edition after January 12th, 2011?

No. The only way you can get the BioWare Signature Edition is by pre-ordering Dragon Age II on or before January 11, 2011. After that, the BioWare Signature Edition will no longer be available.

7. What content is included in the BioWare Signature Edition of Dragon Age II?

The Dragon Age II BioWare Signature Edition includes the full version of Dragon Age II plus an additional $20 worth of bonus content that includes:

* A downloadable bonus playable character and missions

* Downloadable game soundtrack

* Downloadable in-game items including the digital armory that will feature a special weapon for each of your character classes

8. This seems too good to be true, what's the catch?

No catch, we just want to reward our most loyal fans and present them with this special version as a "thank you" for being an early adopter.

Good times! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, now I've run into a brick wall with some tough boss battles in both DA:O and DA:OA, where my characters get killed off. I've seen PC playthroughs where the player is able to pause in-action in order to set up which character will perform which attack against a selected enemy, but I'm not sure how I'm able to do that using the Xbox 360 versions of the games, IF I'm able to do that at all. Note that I'm playing both games using Casual.

Okay, now I've run into a brick wall with some tough boss battles in both DA:O and DA:OA, where my characters get killed off. I've seen PC playthroughs where the player is able to pause in-action in order to set up which character will perform which attack against a selected enemy, but I'm not sure how I'm able to do that using the Xbox 360 versions of the games, IF I'm able to do that at all. Note that I'm playing both games using Casual.

Just curious, what boss battle?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Does the DLC on the Ultimate edition require some sort of online activation before you can use it?

No it should just install right off the CD.

They do recommend you create an online account but it should not be necessary.

The online account is like Oblivion where it tracks your achievments and progress etc online.

• 6 months later...

Kotaku mentioned that if you were to buy it all separately it'd have cost about $114 dollars. I just consider the Ultimate Edition the finished game. The stuff before that was just beta that everyone paid to play early. :P

But then I tend to feel just about everything this gen is just "beta-ware".

Just to throw this out there, you can probably get the Ultimate edition new (or "new") from Gamestop at this point for 20 bucks. I picked up a copy on the PS3 yesterday for thus.