IGNORED

Master System HSC reloaded Round 25: OutRun

4Ks

gfs_87713_2_1.jpg

Brace yourself for the most realistic racing experience yet. And to play, you've got to have what it takes: NERVE, SKILL and BRAINS. NERVE - you're behind the wheel of a supertuned race car with one speed only: fast. SKILL - you're maneuvering a car that can nearly reach a simulated 270 KMH. BRAINS - because you're in control of your car's speed and handling at a dangerous pace, you have to use your head and not just your hands to survive. So get geared for the ride of your life and stay alert. The track may look terrific, but at these speeds anything can turn into a danger zone.

Deadline for high scores is October 28, 2010.

Side Challenge: Complete the course for +2.

Scoreboard:

Sonic R 12,972,500 +2

zylon 8,419,800 +2

Cebus Capucinis 5,739,220

roadrunner 4,217,580

4Ks 4,000,600

Hints and Tips:

None yet.

Current HSC Points:

zylon 190

roadrunner 186

Sonic R 158

Austin 78

4Ks 57

JibbaJabba 30

darthkur 20

JayWI 14

davepesc 12

Edited by 4Ks

Since I didn't play this the first time, I'll fire the opening shot.

On a side note,

I've been debating on playing the next season due to lack of participation. Then again, if I don't, I'd only be adding to the problem... :ponder:

post-25215-128717775854_thumb.jpg

On a side note,

I've been debating on playing the next season due to lack of participation. Then again, if I don't, I'd only be adding to the problem... :ponder:

But if you leave, you'll miss the suprise that's coming for Season 2! ;)

On a side note,

If someone will just send me an SMS, Im in!! Morgan

Darn, and I've only got about 20. I guess I could sell one...

On a side note,

I'll be playing so long as I have the game available to play… I had to pass the last round as I haven't had any luck in getting Penguin Land :(

I really like these hi score comps as it gives me something to play and a goal to play for!

^^^^ WOW almost 13 million! insane! ;) :thumbsup:

thank you!

I may try to see if I can break 13 million…

as I have said, I really am fond of SMS Out Run! I have heard folks speak ill of this port, but I love it for what it is and find it a very fun and enjoyable game… I like other versions as well including the Genesis and Saturn games as well as Out Run 2 on the Xbox… but SMS Out Run holds a special place in my heart and I enjoy it as much today as I did 20 years ago!

While not arcade-perfect, this port was one of the better conversions for the SMS. Collision detection needs some work though. There's a stretch on the next to last stage where you can drive through the towers.

Still at it... 7,811,320

post-25215-128761562716_thumb.jpg