IGNORED

Fable II free to download

cimerians

It says it's downloading on my Xbox 360, but it's stuck at zero percent. Maybe too many people are trying to download it at the same time?

I hope it really does download and doesn't stay stuck forever. This will be a great early Christmas present for me. :lust:

Update: Holy cow! I'm at 8 percent! The game is downloading!

Edited by Random Terrain

To bad it didn't work for me. I wonder what you did to get it to work?

I clicked on the link in the article, signed in, clicked on the download button, went back to my Xbox 360, viewed the active downloads so it would start downloading and now I'm up to 42 percent.

To bad it didn't work for me. I wonder what you did to get it to work?

I clicked on the link in the article, signed in, clicked on the download button, went back to my Xbox 360, viewed the active downloads so it would start downloading and now I'm up to 42 percent.

runs downstairs and turns on xbox :P

I already have Fable 2.. and I didn't like it. :P

I played the first part that was free to download before and hated it. The music, graphics and more lost something. The magic of the first game wasn't there, as if a new team of nothing but ass scratching finger sniffers worked on it. Still, the whole game can't be as bad as the first part. And even a semi-crappy game for free is better than a semi-crappy game you have to rent or buy used.

100 percent downloaded and I just started playing the game.

I liked the game well enough.

Was pretty more more of the same if you ask me...which wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

I will say this, don't judge the game till you're a few hours into it.

I thought the first few hours were pretty lame. After that I couldn't stop playing. If after three hours you still think it sucks...just stop playing.

Checked my download this morning and played for a couple of hours. Also, the achievements I earned while playing the free Episode 1 version instantly unlocked when I began playing. Still not the greatest game ever, but I'll give it another chance for free!

Edit: Seems it was a mistake

UPDATE: A Microsoft representative sent along this response, which suggests that this whole ordeal was an unfortunate (yet, for some, beneficial) mistake:

"We have seen reports that an Xbox.com page listed Fable II as being free to download. While getting the entire game for 'free' would be (and was for a short time) an amazing deal, it is now available at the intended Xbox Platinum Hits price of $19.99 . A perfect way to warm up the skills for Fable III which launches on October 26!"

Edited by davepesc

yeah They must have fixed the site just right after i got mine, its not even available when you click it now.

i did see a few bugs in the downloaded version thats not in the hard copy. like the line you follow gets all screwy and does not move sometimes, some of the backgrounds are not right, you dog has brain farts way to often and even with the NPCs, the game has a few slowdowns.

I have seen a few games get messed up when installed to the HDD so that could be the issue with this game.

Edited by madmax2069