IGNORED

5200 Serial Number Thread?

psquare75

You fixed it up just to sell it?

No and Yes. Typically if I score a classic system, I mod it and hang onto it for a year or two, then part with it if I find a new one (circle of life). I really wanted to hang onto this baby, as it's a true Sunnyvale 4-porter with 12 boxed games. Fits nicely with my Sunnyvale 7800 from 1984, and my Sunnyvale Heavy Sixer VCS.

And it's a good thing! Because wifely is preggers, and I'm going to start selling off pieces of my substantial collection. This is the first to go because I just modded it, it's fresh, and I can't get attached to it. Sure is a beaut!

• Like 1

I never find any good tech at the Goodwills here in Sac!

I to am a Sac boy. Born there, family lives there, visit there often (just last weekend). At the risk of giving up all my secrets ;) , I can tell you that some of the best scores are to be found on Sacramento Craigslist. From there to the bay (especially in SJ), I've nabbed some killer scores. Heck, if I had more time up there last weekend, I would've bounced around 5 counties for pickups!

Last year I scored a Sears Heavy with a handful of loose games, and half a dozen boxed gatefolds (including Sears). Last I checked, this Sears H6er is the 3rd oldest as documented in the Atari 2600 Serial number list here on AA!

• Like 1

I to am a Sac boy. Born there, family lives there, visit there often (just last weekend). At the risk of giving up all my secrets ;) , I can tell you that some of the best scores are to be found on Sacramento Craigslist. From there to the bay (especially in SJ), I've nabbed some killer scores. Heck, if I had more time up there last weekend, I would've bounced around 5 counties for pickups!

Last year I scored a Sears Heavy with a handful of loose games, and half a dozen boxed gatefolds (including Sears). Last I checked, this Sears H6er is the 3rd oldest as documented in the Atari 2600 Serial number list here on AA!

I remember that score ... it was EPIC !

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

can anyone tell me anything about mine? sticker says "Atari Corp." and the SN# is "A14162161786"... its a 4 port that I think was modified by Atari to add a power connection to the back of the unit..... im so happy ! dont have to mess around with that damn switch box! :-D

• Like 1

I hope you scored that mint 4-port that was posted last month in Antelope/Citrus Heights. It was a beauty. The guy wanted $80.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Mine is low. 004417. Anyone lower?

Yep, much lower. :-D But not older, I guess. If the WW/Y convention is accurate, this was assembled in the 2nd week of '83?

I guess they set the serial number counters back to Zero after the New Year?

The PCB is a Rev6 CO18085, ©1982 which is the first version of the PCB

This is a glossy 4-port

post-26843-0-82622400-1439009812_thumb.gif

post-26843-0-64050000-1439010654_thumb.jpg

Edited by atari-dna
  • Like 1

I've documented all my 5200 consoles now, so figured I'd post them. Trying to do this systematically, so I'll do the SV units first, lowest serial (already posted) to the highest. Then the EP units and the AT last. Is AT for Atari Tipperary? I know they had a plant in Ireland, though it could be Taiwan as well. It's interesting that the controllers I have accumulated over the years, I've seen molds for USA, Taiwan and Mexico. Nothing in Ireland, presumably AT is Taiwan then.

2nd S-V unit (Sunnyvale?) SN 0013149 SV-033 This is a glossy 4-port

post-26843-0-51405700-1439328522_thumb.jpg

Edited by atari-dna