IGNORED

5200 Serial Number Thread?

psquare75

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess I never added my 4-port units to this list?

I have a boxed CIB 4-port with the following: Lovely glossy glory and unmodded all original.

post-6-0-05033700-1480999708_thumb.jpg

And my primary 4-port that I actually play on. This one has both s-video/Comp RCA and power mods applied. Apparently this one is actually older according to the date stamp.

post-6-0-54019500-1480999953_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Forgot to mention that the first one I posted made in the 2nd week of '83, actually came with Breakout as the pack-in game. I only mention this as I saw on the spreadsheet mention where units around when mine was made started shipping with pac-man. However, mine did not and I believe it mentions breakout on the box?

Forgot to mention that the first one I posted made in the 2nd week of '83, actually came with Breakout as the pack-in game. I only mention this as I saw on the spreadsheet mention where units around when mine was made started shipping with pac-man. However, mine did not and I believe it mentions breakout on the box?

Thanks -- things like this are always helpful with trying to make the timeline more accurate. Perhaps only the units that El Paso was starting to produce got Pac-Man as the pack-in, while Sunnyvale continued to use up Super Breakout stock. My EP 4-port unit came with Pac-Man, and I believe all of the EP two-ports did as well.

If anyone has evidence to support or refute the SV - Super Breakout / EP - Pac-Man theory, please do chime in. I'll have another look through eBay listings at some point as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,Everyone!

Captain Bob from the Atari 5200 Podcast here. Those of you who have followed the 5200 SuperPodcast and our current podcast know that I've had my 5200 since new. You may also know that when I bought this from Toys R Us all those long years ago, that here was a 4-port packaged with Pac-Man. One controller was US built, the other was made in Mexico. It's almost like it was cobbled together, thrown in the box, and kicked out the door.

So, I wanted to add my machine to the mix. As far as I can tell the serial number on this is different than all the others. Not to mention that the label is affixed over another label. But the cool thing is the heat stamping on the case plastic itself.

I'd love to know what info is out there on this. Let me know!

post-8800-0-23547600-1482951797_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...