Rhindle The Red

179 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play games on Facebook?

• Yes, a lot of them.
    • Yes, one or a few.
    • No, but I used to.
    • No and I never have.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I dunno..I see rants in a thread about gaming on a social network like FB, on a forum mainly pre-occupied about various aspects of gaming, then I notice the post rating counter beside the ranting posts, giving the poster 1,2,3 points or more.. because that many people "like this" and I just have to grin a little. :)

Many people here have thousands upon thousands of posts and yet as a community how many of us can say we know much of anything about each other? As a general rule, discussion of politics/religion and other "real-world" minutia known to cause havoc are discouraged. The chatter-level about this particular hobby is definitely of a much higher quality than could be achieved on a general social network, because that is what this one is about..but a social network is what it is, albeit in an very organized format,

I'm on FB, but I mainly use it for friends and family and I filter out gaming chatter by simply hitting a filter tab, limiting it to personal updates. I also only "friend" people I know personally. I leave gaming talk to sites like this.

Edited by AtariNerd

• 4 weeks later...

Only two games I play on there are Bejeweled Blitz (primarily against family and local friends' scores) and Tetris Friends (against a few of the big boys' single-player scores...Thor Aackerlund, Robin Mihara, etc.). I'll say I'm OK at Bejeweled Blitz and slightly more than passable at Tetris Friends (in Marathon mode, my high score is actually higher than Thor's but short of Robin's (my 708k vs. Robin's 722k and Thor's 700k), and in Ultra mode, I'm about 1000 points higher than Robin and 9000 points shy of Thor (21,329 for me, 20,356 for Robin, 30,048 for Thor). Still have plenty of room to improve, though :/ .

Edited by mb7241

• 2 months later...

No, and it is an effective way for me to 'unfriend' you too. I had one RL person I see occasionally, and I popped her off my list because all she did was play a ton of Facebook games. My impression is that they are gaping privacy holes to the player and their friends.

Hex.

[ Actually popped a couple more friends because of a separate and unrelated thread involving Facebook. ]

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I play Bejewled and Zuma regularly on facebook. I battle my wife in bejweled every week :) Nobody plays me in zuma, i'm casually at level 71 now w/almost 4 million mojo.

Bejeweled is the one game she stands a chance at, although I have won the past 6 weeks or so since I started playing again lol.

She gets jealous of what she calls my cheater cubes. Basically thats rearranging the gems in a super fast order to make hyper cubes that consist of removing a gem from the order and throwing 2 others in the mix to link with the other 2 before the original gem returns to original position. Many times it means forcing a match apart before the match completes itself to make a bigger match. If that makes any sense lol. I also do this w/the star gems as well, same principle.

I have played lots of other games as well, but not consistent as these two.