IGNORED

Loading games to and playing them from a USB flash drive.

Christophero Sly

I know you can with dashboard bought games (the games i bought from dashboard are small in size, uno, perfect dark, hardwood spades), i dont see why you couldn't install a game to a large enough USB stick, I only have a 2gb micro SD and a micro SD reader so i could not tell you but to try it out.

Edited by madmax2069

I know you can with dashboard bought games (the games i bought from dashboard are small in size, uno, perfect dark, hardwood spades), i dont see why you couldn't install a game to a large enough USB stick, I only have a 2gb micro SD and a micro SD reader so i could not tell you but to try it out.

This reminds me of another question I had. I see that certain Marketplace games (Marvel v Capcom 2, for example) say that they require a HDD for storage. Is that just text that hasn't been updated since USB Flash Drive support was added, or is there something about those games that specifically requires a HDD?

This reminds me of another question I had. I see that certain Marketplace games (Marvel v Capcom 2, for example) say that they require a HDD for storage. Is that just text that hasn't been updated since USB Flash Drive support was added, or is there something about those games that specifically requires a HDD?

Well you got to remember that most likely the USB feature probably wasn't out at the time the game was and only had HDD or the old 360 memory card at the time. it hasnt been that long since that feature was added. so the info probably isnt correct about the game.

MS could have put a block from installing games to the USB from a disk but i do not know for sure, but i doubt they did.

i know that all of my downloaded games run fine from my USB drive.

Edited by madmax2069

Thanks for your help. I think you're right about the info being out of date. Regardless, I guess I'll just have to experiment and find out the answers to these questions for myself. I was mostly asking because I was thinking to go out this evening and buy a HDD, but it occurred to me that if I could just use USB drives (of which I have piles laying around unused) that I could save myself $100.

Thanks for your help. I think you're right about the info being out of date. Regardless, I guess I'll just have to experiment and find out the answers to these questions for myself. I was mostly asking because I was thinking to go out this evening and buy a HDD, but it occurred to me that if I could just use USB drives (of which I have piles laying around unused) that I could save myself $100.

well hopefully they are big enough and hopefully they will pass the 360's inspection when you go and set them up.

The 360 can read up to a 16GB memory stick (though I think you loose about 2GB in that setup) So as long as the game doesn't exceed the 14 or so GB the stick has available to it, then it should be possible. Just remember, when you load a game to a drive, it's just for fast loading and to save wear on the DVD drive, you won't be able to play the game unless you still have the physical disc in the drive.