IGNORED

Vanquish?

Austin

Did anyone get this? Looks like it should have been released yesterday. I just watched some footage of it, and at first, I though, "Another Gears of War knock-off with dark colors and the same old action," but then I saw the dashing and some truly crazy enemies. Impressions, anyone?

I almost want to buy it to support Sega being so awesome lately (especially as they just renewed their deal to publish more games from Platinum), but I'm dry on money. The demo was pretty cool.

What exactly makes Sega so awesome lately?

Not trying to be sarcastic but I'm just curious. Sega hasn't been awesome since the Dreamcast IMO....

Not trying to be sarcastic but I'm just curious. Sega hasn't been awesome since the Dreamcast IMO....

Sonic 4, Sonic Colours actually looks (and has previewed) incredible, House of the Dead 2 and 3, House of the Dead Overkill, Bayonetta, Sonic and Sega All Starts Racing, MadWorld, Virtua Fighter 5, etc. Perhaps you need to take a better look at them again.

Edited by Atarifever

Sonic 4, Sonic Colours actually looks (and has previewed) incredible, House of the Dead 2 and 3, House of the Dead Overkill, Bayonetta, Sonic and Sega All Starts Racing, MadWorld, Virtua Fighter 5, etc. Perhaps you need to take a better look at them again.

They have also supported the old-school crowd with its Sega Genesis collections, as well as bringing OutRun 2, After Burner Climax, and some arcade ports of Golden Axe, Altered Beast and Shinobi to XBOX Live Arcade.

They have also supported the old-school crowd with its Sega Genesis collections, as well as bringing OutRun 2, After Burner Climax, and some arcade ports of Golden Axe, Altered Beast and Shinobi to XBOX Live Arcade.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I have Outrun Online arcade, and it is great. Altered Beast with leaderboards and online co-op is also pretty great.

Vanquish... vanish more like.....

I looked at it and thought gears of war in an aircraft hanger... hmmmm luckily we now have loads of big robots to deal with ...yawn

@ least it looks better that the tecmo title i played called quantum theory.... what a dud

fair dues for the megadrive collection... personally i would have preferred a Saturn compliation as well if they wanted to flex their retro muscles...

Edited by bloodreptile

i just got it....they seriously should have called it Contra. It has all the intensity, difficulty and "WTF?" moments of that series. Screenshots can't do justice to how intense and fast this game is.It may look like a 3rd person "cover shooter" like Gears but uh uh, your cover doesn't last very long, you have to keep moving. The best way I can describe it is a Contra mixed with Zone of the Enders hybrid.

Ign gave it an 8.5-