IGNORED

Season 4 Round 10 *Burger Time*

Peter Pepper the chef moves around the screen walking over the parts of a hamburger. As each item is walked over it drops to the level below. Armed with pepper he can throw on his enemies, he must avoid Mr. Hotdog, Mr. Egg, and Mr. Pickle. Bonus appear in the form of ice cream, coffee, and french fries.

post-98-128963297191_thumb.jpg

post-98-128963336293_thumb.gif post-98-128963337875_thumb.gif

Game Information

Game Name: Burger Time

Released by: Coleco, 1984

Original arcade game by: Data East/Bally Midway, 1982

CV HSC High Score: 507,500 by duncantoml

TwinGalaxies High Score: 1,267,250 by Ryan Gavigan

Settings: Skill level 1 - 1 Player

This game was suggested by: roadrunner and patbb

Contest ends on:

Saturday, 11-06-2010 at 1:00 AM eastern.

Current High Scores

1. duncantoml 371,100 [+10]

2. ColecoDan 172,000 [+9] [+2]

3. roadrunner 158,900 [+8] [+1]

4. Ms. Do 147,350 [+6]

5. NIAD 142,500 [+4]

6. Yurkie 103,300 [+2]

7. ed1475 75,750 [+1]

8. RangerG 17,350 [+1]

9. rmaerz 15,100 [+1]

(gavv and atariron82 missed the deadline -sorry!)

Leaderboard

1. duncantoml (9) [100 points] 5 1

2. ColecoDan ( 8 ) [77] 3

3. Yurkie (7) [42] 1

4. ed1475 (9) [40] 1

5. Ms. Do (5) [30]

6. patbb (7), roadrunner ( 8 ) [25]

7. RangerG (9) [19]

8. atariron82 (4) [17]

9. Mister VCS (4) [16]

10. ten-four (2) [8]

11. purenergy (3) [5]

12. JEFF31 (1), LaserHawk (1) [1]

Edited by Mister VCS

Got time for a game and ended with 371,100

Wow good job. I knew 172000 seemed too easy to get. I will have to try to beat you later :)

Thanks, That was my first game and only game I'll probably get to play this round. A lot going on at the moment.

This game has a bad habit of locking up, which is what happened on this game. It's to bad because this is a great translation. That's really the only bad thing about the CV version.

hopefully it's not too late. just saw the game and decided to pull the old machine out myself and give it a shot :)

481,050 - from the shot here right before the 'killing screen'. it's able to be avoided for the most part, but you can slip up with the speed :) . from experience it almost always happens when dropping at least one enemy from the lowest level, more often when its the final drop of a board.

gavv

post-14968-128927704544_thumb.jpg

Edited by gavvv

I wasn't sure, but the rules seem to make it look like a round doesn't end until the new game is chosen. Didn't mean any harm, hadnt done any hsc stuff before and only noticed since bt is my favorite cv game

Gavv

Great score, and no offense. I am just asking since all the other games ended after 2 weeks.

I wasn't sure, but the rules seem to make it look like a round doesn't end until the new game is chosen. Didn't mean any harm, hadnt done any hsc stuff before and only noticed since bt is my favorite cv game

Gavv

Yeah I wasn't sure if scoring ended or not either since the new game is not til next week. However it is pretty cool that you have a fairly detailed idea of when the screen freeze happens. A lot of developers have described that they did not break it down to a clear enough pattern to be able to figure out what the problem was so I wonder if your description would help them. I may start a thread in the programming area to see if any of them want to take up the cause now that they have a clearer definition of when it happens. It would be pretty cool to not have to worry about the freeze problem anymore.

Gavv

Yeah I wasn't sure if scoring ended or not either since the new game is not til next week. However it is pretty cool that you have a fairly detailed idea of when the screen freeze happens. A lot of developers have described that they did not break it down to a clear enough pattern to be able to figure out what the problem was so I wonder if your description would help them. I may start a thread in the programming area to see if any of them want to take up the cause now that they have a clearer definition of when it happens. It would be pretty cool to not have to worry about the freeze problem anymore.

I agree it is interesting and you seem to know a lot about the game Gavv. Could you make a thread and add details?

I must be something that can be bypassed since the to top scores for Skill #1 on Twingalaxies are

Perhaps you could beat these scores and hold the top spot Gavv!

481,050 - from the shot here right before the 'killing screen'. it's able to be avoided for the most part, but you can slip up with the speed :) . from experience it almost always happens when dropping at least one enemy from the lowest level, more often when its the final drop of a board.

gavv

Is the kill screen most likely to happen at around 400,000?

Interesting. I haven't experienced this.

I'm not sure what my high score is, I have it written down at home...I don't play the first skill level though. I think I play 2, maybe 3...can't remember off hand.

hopefully it's not too late. just saw the game and decided to pull the old machine out myself and give it a shot :)

481,050 - from the shot here right before the 'killing screen'.

gavv

Nice one Ryan

I tip my bun to you! :)

Thanks Tom, it was one of the few titles I was able to best you on :) though maybe someday i'll pick Roc n Rope or gb jack nicklaus up again :) Indiana, CV high score center of the world!

gavv